My search - does anybody know this car?

Hi all

per my previous posts I am looking for a TR4 and having considered a few cars and the advice given by a number of you, I have settled on a TR4a as my desired model.

I have seen a couple that I am planning to go and see but this one popped up today, it is such an unusual colour that I thought it might be recognised. (I love the colour, my daily driver is an Orange M5 :) ).

https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C976308

Ken

Hi Ken,

before the auction you need to go and look at the car in the flesh. Have a look here.http://www.tr-register.co.uk/tr-buyers-guides/triumph-tr4-4a

Have you got anybody to take with you that knows the cars inside out.

First priority it must have a very good if not perfect body. Engine/mechanicals are easier/cheaper to sort.

Roger

That used to belong to Paul Tuckers daughter, I remember seeing it at International in 2005

Stuart.

post-3753-0-69760400-1522506768_thumb.jpg

Indeed it is the Tucker machine . . . . . which I've known since before Phil rebuilt it in the 1990s.

It's a superlative piece of kit, the best an indulgent father (and a very fine engineer at that) could achieve for his daughter. It would be very difficult to find a better 4A that's actually all-round road useable, as opposed to an out-and -out trailer queen.

I was, incidentally, intending helping my son to purchase this car last year . . . . . but for an unexpected addition to his family now on the way, so he's staying with his old TR7 rather than moving on to a 4A. New babies come expensive !

The only down side is the colour, which is a love or hate for sure, but if this was painted BRG or Signal Red it's a £30K car.

Cheers

Alec