TR5/TR6 Speedo & Tacho Warning Lamp Shrouds

Shaun,

I can't help with a supplier but once when I needed something similar I made from silicone sealant. I made a "mould" from a carved & greased piece of wood filled it with silicone and then inserted a centre piece of greased wood.

was surprisingly functional, just not as pretty as the real thing.

Alan

Any idea where I may be able to source these little fellas, other than a donor?....I need 2 warning lamp rubber shrouds for an early TR6 smith gauge?

You could try John Ostick, he is very helpful. I bought some from him last year. He also does other speedo / tacho parts as well. john_ostick at hotmail.com He is very helpul. Someone else sells them on Ebay but expensive.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dave from sunny Spain

Shaun,

I can't help with a supplier but once when I needed something similar I made from silicone sealant. I made a "mould" from a carved & greased piece of wood filled it with silicone and then inserted a centre piece of greased wood.

was surprisingly functional, just not as pretty as the real thing.

Alan

I've ordered some black Polyurethane casting rubber. The intention is to machine a mould and a plug and attempt to make some.

But if it ends in tears, I'll give John Ostick a call, thanks Dave!

Edited by ShaunC

Hi Shaun,

Sounds complicated. All the best.

Kind Regards,

Dave from Sunny Spain