How-To: Removal Rim Headlight (spring clip version)

Hi Jochem,

I think they are the same as the 4A.

Insert a blade at the 6-o-clock position and pull towards you. This should release the bottom.

Hold the bottom and push up wards. This will release the two inserts at the top.

Refitting is the reverse but the two top inserts can be awkward.

Roger

I thought you had to grasp the rim and twist anti-clockwise about 10 degrees to release the tab - or is that a different type?

I always swap them for the type with a single screw as they are such a pain.

Jerry

Thank you all for your input!

Even the manual states to use a screwdriver. However, the risk of chipping some paint maybe present, so I was hoping to find a different way.

I will have it a try either way....

Regards

Jochem

Hi

I have the opposite problem . . keeping them on! I almost lost one once and luckily passenger Iwas with saw it fall off. Mine seems to only have a little square bit which seems not to quite fit anywhere.

Any ideas?

Rich

Thank you all for your input!

Even the manual states to use a screwdriver. However, the risk of chipping some paint maybe present, so I was hoping to find a different way.

I will have it a try either way....

Regards

Jochem

No I wouldn't use anything metallic for that reason. Try a credit card, my finger nails are usually long enough to do it.