Discs- Bedding in?

Hello, fellow 6ers, it's me...again! I've just fitted a new pair of discs, on TRoy,my 1970 TR6 PI. They are standard spec discs, with (not new) EBC 'Green Stuff' pads.

Will they need 'bedding in', and if so, what's the best procedure for this?

Cheers,

Paul.

Hello Paul, I really don't think it's a good idea to use 'old' pads at all. They will not be flat, as they will have taken on the profile of the old discs. Therefore you will need to 'wear' them flat again. I think there is a potential risk of ruining the new discs. Sorry. Change 'em.

Austin

Here's another for Mintex. 1144 for normal road use, 1155 for 'fast road' (whatever that is) or track days.

Bedding in is conditioning the pads to the temperature you will inflict on them, not conforming to the disc profile, which happens almost instantly.

Stops from progressively higher speeds to the highest you will use, down to walking pace, without stopping and without leaving the pressure on the pads for longer than necessary.

Choose your road carefully! Other road users may not appreciate what you are doing!

Then drive normally to let them cool

Done

John

Maybe this can be of assistance in future disc/pad purchases.

Y-Axis: Disc

X-Axis: Pads

Jochem

PS partially german...questions, just ask. But I assume it is understandable.

post-15451-0-94347000-1522043724_thumb.jpg

Edited by JochemsTR

Hi Austin, Roger, Pete, Andrew, John & Jochem.

Many thanks for your advice.

New pads on order now!

Cheers,

Paul.