Consul knob replacement

What is the best way to both replace those annoying dashboard pull knobs in the centre consul? I had to break apart the interior light one , I have replacements for the tatty four others but dont know the best wat to remove them, as it took a lot of force for the interior light one that was removed from the car for the process. Also the replacement interior light one now doesnt want to stay on even with weak glue. Do I have to Araldite it on with the same problems if I need to remove it in the future. Any suggestions would be greatly received. post-15435-0-27001100-1521712690_thumb.jpeg

Even pushing the pin in you might find it take a lot of effort to remove the knobs. Once you have removed the knob, check its length against the replacement, you might find you need to shorten the new knob length to get the pin to fit in the hole.

I also had to enlarge the holes in the new knobs to get the pins to engage and lock.

When I replaced mine I had to cut into them and destroy them to get them off as they were stuck really good, no problems with pushing in the new ones though.

Magnus

All these suggestions are much appreciated, it sounds as though I’m not the only one who has had the problem. Lots of ideas , any more also appreciated I will let you know how I get on. Many thanks.