Machine shops in South east

Hi All,

Has anyone in the south east used either Southern Rebore Services near Uckfield East Sussex (they used to be in Crawley but have moved) or Sutton Rebore Services in Sutton, Surrey and would you recommend either or both please?

I have spoken to both and they both seem to know what they are talking about but I have no experience. I will be dismantling my engine soon and want to have the block/head/crank cleaned and assessed/measured etc and then any necessary grinding/polishing/honing work carried out if required. I will also be having my head reseated for unleaded.

Many thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Cheers,

Sea

Thanks Roger. I'll bear them in mind. The prime motivation for the two I have spoken to is proximity to home to be honest. Both seem to have good testimonials from other sources so wanted to find out if anyone in the TRR had experience of either.

GOSNAY'S Romford essex.

many other rebuild centres send there stuff to them. Seen anything from lorry to 12 cyl exotic italian engines there.

so far always been very pleased with their work and knowledge .

Roy

Hi Sean

I used Southern Rebore a few years back to convert to unleaded after a head gasket failure, no problems at all.

Steve

Edited by Steve R

Hi Sean

I would highly recommend Nick at Automotive machining services in Ditchling common industrial estate.

They do a fantastic job and thats coming from an engineer. He did my valve guide replacement and seat grinding.

I did all the porting and polishing myself.

http://www.automotivemachineservices.co.uk

Hi. I'd second that. Nick at AMS has been excellent. He did my rebore, main bearings and also reconditioned the head. Really. Ice guy and great job.

Hi Sean

I've used Julian Godfrey Engineering on Ghyll Road Industrial Estate in Heathfield.

Quite easy for you to get to if you're in Uckfield. He did some machining for my Mini and TR.

George Polley used to work on the same estate so they also did some work on his old rally and hillclimb cars and his National Hot Rod.

http://www.racetuners.com

Kevin