TR6 new hood fitting advice pls

Am still trying to fit my New Don Hood.

Could some kind soul please show me a pic of how the front outer edges of the hood are folded over and stuck down?

I have the hood glued to the front rail, and the hood appears taut, folding over slog the front seems simple but I would like to know how the edges / ends are done.

Thanks in advance.

post-4234-0-22110000-1520414165_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-59684600-1520414182_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-94724600-1520414200_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete,

I'm sure others will chime in and it's very difficult explaining without pics but I'm pretty sure it's a case of if it's vinyl a bit of heat and stretching over the curved ends then sticking and clamping the material underside the frame header rail with the seal channel (I don't see that in your pics BTW).

I'd suggest working from the centre out.

I seem to recall I aimed the edging at 45 degrees in towards the centre of the hood before gluing and clamping under the seal rail if that helps?

Edited by AndrewP

Hi Pete,

I'm sure others will chime in and it's very difficult explaining without pics but I'm pretty sure it's a case of if it's vinyl a bit of heat and stretching over the curved ends then sticking and clamping the material underside the frame header rail with the seal channel (I don't see that in your pics BTW).

I'd suggest working from the centre out.

I seem to recall I aimed the edging at 45 degrees in towards the centre of the hood before gluing and clamping under the seal rail if that helps?

Thanks Andrew, its just the doubled over side edges that I'm not sure what to do with, you 45 degrees seems about right though.

Were the soft top frames colour matched to the body colour when new ?

The car was standard, in that the hood and frame were black.

I was trying to brighten things up a bit, the frame is cream, powder coating only £20, and a tan hood don't look to bad together.

Pity I couldn't find some Tan webbing, but I will not change those again!!

The car was standard, in that the hood and frame were black.

I was trying to brighten things up a bit, the frame is cream, powder coating only £20, and a tan hood don't look to bad together.

Pity I couldn't find some Tan webbing, but I will not change those again!!

Thanks

Pete--

I only have two pics of the inside, neither of them very good. First one is before I removed the old top, second is how the new one is fitted.

Ed

post-12543-0-67405900-1520556836_thumb.jpg

post-12543-0-04485800-1520556898_thumb.jpg

Pete--

I only have two pics of the inside, neither of them very good. First one is before I removed the old top, second is how the new one is fitted.

Ed

Thank you for the pics Ed, I can go ahead now, when Ive got rid of this awful cold! Grrrrrrrr.

Edited by pfenlon

Hi Pete,

I've just got rid of a cold/man flu type thing 2+ weeks of all sorts going on.

Keep warm, drink lots

Roger

Hello Roger, its been a wicked bloody Virus, racking cough no appetite, just when you think your getting over it, it reminds you that you aren't at all!

been slowly working on the hood thanks to pics from Ed and other ones.

I could have made a neater job of it but its well glued, and the channels should do their retaining job too.

I have the vinyl turned under now at the front glued and 2 channels fitted, then just the studs behind each door.

Sadly neither of us have the strength to pull the vinyl tight enough to mark out!

post-4234-0-26177400-1520784853_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-20423900-1520784868_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-93249900-1520784880_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfenlon