Triumph TR6 Workshop Manual

Hi All

I'm currently looking for a TR6 Worskhop Manual, and wondered if anyone has the correct AKD part number for the factory edition or an ex factory TR6 manual they no longer require. It's for an early CP version.

For the TR4a, I've used a copy of the factory TR4 manual, but also have the Haynes and Autobooks editions. Has anyone found either Haynes, Autobooks, or Brooklands useful, and if so, opinions on the best of these three!

Of the Haynes and Autobooks TR4a manual, I think the Autobooks version just edges it as contains better detailed information and data in my opinion.

I'm not a great fan of Haynes manuals. As for the Zafira version, I may as well use it to light the fire with.

Any comments welcome.

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits

I have both the brown bible and the Haynes book and they are complementary.

If not sure, I read both, and off course seach our great forum.

Waldi

Hi, I have the brown workshop manual amongst other manuals on my website all you need is adobe reader there is a link for that too. copy and paste this address or highlight and click www.tr6pi.com/poi.html

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Dave from Spain

Edited by dave-lewis

Hello

I have 'The Complete Official Triumph TR6 & TR250' - turquoise cover - from Robert Bentley inc - Comprising the official driver's handbook and workshop manual

AND

Triumph Repair Operation Manual published by BL cars - Publication Part No AKM 3646 - TR6, TR250, TR5, TR4, TR4a

Not needed so of interest?

Regards

Keith

I'm not a great fan of Haynes manuals. As for the Zafira version, I may as well use it to light the fire with.

Any comments welcome.

Kevin

You won’t need it to light the fire with.......Zafiras’ are quite capable of catching alight totally unaided!

Hello

I have 'The Complete Official Triumph TR6 & TR250' - turquoise cover - from Robert Bentley inc - Comprising the official driver's handbook and workshop manual

AND

Triumph Repair Operation Manual published by BL cars - Publication Part No AKM 3646 - TR6, TR250, TR5, TR4, TR4a

Not needed so of interest?

Regards

Keith

Thanks all so much for the replies. I'd really prefer the original manual to a download, but thanks Dave for the link. Mark has said he may have one, but to save Mark digging it out, yes Keith I'd be very interested in the two manuals. I'll PM.

Thanks again for the kind offers..

Oh yes DaveN I heard a lot about that, but it did not apply luckily to the electronic climate control version, but to the manually controlled heater. Apparently the ducting became blocked with leaves and stuff, the heater fan resistor overheated and up it jolly well went. Having said that I've had my fair share of heater problems on the car. Thought it was electrical as accidentally shorted across the battery, so thought I'd blown it. Replaced the electronic climate control panel (£60 on Ebay), no joy - couldnt find the right fuse layout in the useless Haynes manual, so downloaded correct fuse layout, but no fuses or relays blown. Finally found by complete coincidence the heater blower fan had seized solid. Vauxhall wanted £315 to replace. Bought a new fan from Ebay for £49.50 - looks exactly like the OEM part - works perfectly. Tried to use the Haynes manual to change glow plugs- after an hour realised wrong diesel twin cam engine shown in manual and no mention of my ZDT type engine! Resorted to a YouTube video in the end. Hence reason manual deemed useless! .. Sorry for rant!!!!! Oh yes...no engine codes either so you have to look on-line anyway ...

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits

Morning Kevin

My apologies - I can see I have two messages from you as there is a little red flag on top right hand side, but I cannot open them.

Any tips on this

Thanks

Keith

Good morning Keith

You should be able to tap/select the envelope with the red flag, which will open inbox, then select/open message. It should open a browser identical to the forum including reply options etc. Let me know if any problem.

Regards

Kevin