Gearbox extension problem LT77

Now identified the problem, the shaft from the gear lever has become disconnected from the gearbox shaft. Oh joy.

Be warned if replacing the perished rubbers, do one bolt at a time. Loosen before take one out so enough space to squeeze new rubber into place when one bolt removed.

After a decade off road moved my TR7V8 (LT77 gearbox) and found problem with gears. Read rubbers perish on gearbox extension. Replaced these but made the mistake of removing all 4 bolts at once and cleaned out perished rubbers. The extension flopped about and I had great difficulty getting bolt / rubbers lined up to get back as gbox in the car. Moved gear lever around to facilitate refitting bolts. When tightened the bolts up gear lever very, very tight and only moves back and forward and don't think gears engaging. Can't start car at moment to confirm.

Did not think any thing could come disconnected from diagrams but something badly wrong.

Any help please

Jeff

Edited by Jeff Eatough

HiGeoff

Sorry I didn't see your post until now, yes they can drop out - glad you managed to get it back together again.

you will certainly notice the difference with the new rubbers the gears will be back in the box again! I made another modification to mine and chopped about two inches off the top of the stick - feels much better to me.

cheers

Ian