Safari Rally 2017

I don't know if this has already been posted, if it so then sorry, if not, then i'm not sorry and why weren't you TR7 owners shouting about it. Another TR7 in sixth place also....well done TR7's.

Dave

http://www.eastafricansafarirally.com/tundo-jackson-share-safari-classic-podium/

Can't ever remember one Roger althogh some close one's in F1. British driver in the Porker, a 1st. Not saying which part of Britian he came from, don't want to upsett Alec :lol::P. You would have thought a certain 'Editor' would have known about this :ph34r:;)

Don it was just a little snippet I read in the March Octane.

Dave

This does rather illustrate just how little notice we take of the wider TR world outside the club . . . . in terms of Wedges and of motor sport alike.

The TR Register lacks a pukka competition secretary, and it lacks any sort of competitions department, and we are all the poorer for our lack of involvement in motor sport . . . . . we don't even qualify as informed observers or spectators.

Well done to the two TR7 crews, what an achievement !

Cheers

Alec

• 1 month later...

This does rather illustrate just how little notice we take of the wider TR world outside the club . . . . in terms of Wedges and of motor sport alike.

The TR Register lacks a pukka competition secretary, and it lacks any sort of competitions department, and we are all the poorer for our lack of involvement in motor sport . . . . . we don't even qualify as informed observers or spectators.

Well done to the two TR7 crews, what an achievement !

Cheers

Alec

Late to this topic (which perhaps rather endorses Alec's point), but it's a disappointment to me, at least, that there are some TRR members who are out there rallying but not "advertising" the events they are taking part in through the Forum.

As a far overseas member, perhaps I'm biased because the Forum is such a large part of my Register membership. However, it seems a shame that we, as members, are not making more of the motorsports activity that we DO have.

Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers,

Tim

• 3 weeks later...

There is a good write up in the Triumph World magazine and also good coverage in the TR Drivers magazine on the Safari Rally.

I must admit to be very suprised no mention within the Register though, lesson learnt must visit here more often.

Cheers

Moe

• 4 weeks later...

Late to this topic (which perhaps rather endorses Alec's point), but it's a disappointment to me, at least, that there are some TRR members who are out there rallying but not "advertising" the events they are taking part in through the Forum.

As a far overseas member, perhaps I'm biased because the Forum is such a large part of my Register membership. However, it seems a shame that we, as members, are not making more of the motorsports activity that we DO have.

Just my opinion, of course.

Cheers,

Tim

I do a few Historic/Classic road events and targas with my now V8 Powered FHC TR7, The marshals and the few spectators we see love the noise. Occasionally we see some other TR7s either four pot or V8 and a smattering of older TRs. Would love a proper spec Stage rally car but they are out of reach financially now. My son has been navigating for me in the TR7 on the road based events sincehe was 12, he fancies a go behind the wheel himself when he has his road licence.

We've won a few pots on events in the North of England and Southern Scotland on NESCRO rounds. We should be out on the Ilkley Targa early next month.

Wingo

Great - Sounds like we may have a new TR7 Registrar contender..............in Italy?

Good luck, TR7s are still underrated and even now still questioned about their TR authenticity by more club members than is deserved. Can we ever get rid of that blot in the club and its history, lets hope so.

Ian

I agree that not enough is done to promote events.

While we are talking about Italy.... I have organised this 50 Alpine passes in 5 days jaunt a few times, stopped to have a new sprog now he is nearly 10 and we are starting it again.

Was going to post it next week properly but as this thread has popped up have a look.

You will need good biceps! ;)

http://50infive.strikingly.com/

http://res.cloudinary.com/hrscywv4p/image/upload/c_limit,fl_lossy,h_1500,w_2000,f_auto,q_auto/v1/125084/50in5-TR5_etjnwt.jpg

Edited by Rem18

Morning Gents - watch this space for the future, hopefully moves are afoot to increase both the amount of coverage and bring the wider TR7 & TR8 community news within the TR-Register ranks -_-

That Sounds Interesting,you might be just the Man for a Vacant Position within the Ranks.

I do a few Historic/Classic road events and targas with my now V8 Powered FHC TR7, The marshals and the few spectators we see love the noise. Occasionally we see some other TR7s either four pot or V8 and a smattering of older TRs. Would love a proper spec Stage rally car but they are out of reach financially now. My son has been navigating for me in the TR7 on the road based events sincehe was 12, he fancies a go behind the wheel himself when he has his road licence.

We've won a few pots on events in the North of England and Southern Scotland on NESCRO rounds. We should be out on the Ilkley Targa early next month.

Wingo

This sounds great (pun intended!) - post some write-ups if you get the chance.