I'm hoping that someone can help me to identify the fixing shown in the attached photo; I'm wanting to use one on the joint in my vent flap mechanism on my 61 3a shown in the second picture with the slotted screw in place.

I'm sure that there have been numerous posts in the past on this subject but it seems to me that the only way of assembling this is to fix the bottom half of the assembly (nearest the bonnet), attach the operating rod from inside the cockpit, fix the flap itself onto the bulkhead and finally attach the two parts together using a pin with one of these spring type fixings along with the spring. This is a push fit fixing which is ideal as space is so tight plus it allows for movement in the joint which is essential for it to operate cleanly.

I cant see it listed in the Moss book but if anyone knows where I can source them from that would be really helpful.#

many thanks

Graeme

post-9805-0-58623300-1519415843_thumb.jpg

post-9805-0-62003800-1519415851_thumb.jpg

Thanks Alan, I'm useless on Imperial sizing but I've ordered a pack of 1/8 and also a pack of 3/16 so hopefully this will do the trick.

Graeme

1/8" are correct for the rivet in the vent lid mechanism of TR2/3/3A. I guess they are also on the operating rod at the vent lid of TR 4/4A/5/250/6.

TR5/6 owners would also want 3/16" for the 3 rising throttle link rods on the manifolds. Although genuine figment was a 3 clawed item.

Peter W

I would use a monel rivet as we know it will then never corrode.

That said....I made my own from a length of stainless steel bar on the lathe.

You could use a L86 dural rivet I guess as the things has no severe loading.

See here for a csk. 1/8" dia x 3/4" cadmium plated monel rivet https://www.lasaero.com/products/article/K00PQMSU5

or

The range of 90 degree rivets. https://www.lasaero.com/products/category/M03ROT21Z/

Problem would be having to buy MOQ of 10 then add VAT and carriage.

No doubt there are many rivet stockists out there somewhere. You could try Rivet Supply Co in Birmingham.

Cheers

Peter W