heater/windscreen fan

after nearly completing the TR4th bridge i'm thinking i may address the fan situation as it seems very feeble and we like to use it all year round ,although with the bonnet scoop open there is no issue with misting up at all when driving but to help defrost in the beginning would help, any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated, just renewed all coils,shocks and poly bushed it, what a transformation, if anyone needs any old squeaks rattles knocks or bangs i've got them in a bag somewhere, that with an anti gearstick rattle spring i reckon i could hear the radio now if i put it back in,

regards,

ol boys

I have the heated windscreen. A quick go now and again sorts misting out a treat.

Who supplies the heated screen? Cost?

TR Enterprises do the screens http://www.triumphspecialtuning.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=48&product_id=125

I have never had any problem with the standard heater, properly rebuilt with the matrix flushed and new foam seals makes a world of difference. You could fit a squirrel cage fan that helps which is a cheap upgrade.

Stuart.

Mine was via TR Enterprises as part of the build.

It was recommended by Steve following his rally experiences and I have to say it’s brilliant. I only ever have it on for les than a minute and it does the job. In Ireland this year, when it was a tad wet at times, it kept the screen clear as a TR screen would ever be. I have a warning light to show it’s on, which is a good idea. Although if you do leave it on, the outside world can do a bit of a “shimmy”

I think it used to be available via Moss

Did the heated screen job on a Cooper S a while back and fitted something like this.

http://www.polevolt.co.uk/acatalog/info_74205.html

What do Caterham supply on their heated screen option cars?

Peter W