Sold to a Man from Ireland

After much soul searching I've sold my TR5

I've decided on a change of Classic after 35 years plus of owning Triumphs of one sort or another and have been looking over the past few weeks for a Sunbeam Tiger

The cars gone over the water to Northern Ireland to a collector who's assured me it will be looked after with occasional use.

Here's a few Photo's of the sad day.

Gary

post-13336-0-04299400-1519060444_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-12627600-1519060456_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-75025000-1519060471_thumb.jpg

You should have remortgaged and had both.

Brian

I wish I could afford it, I haven't got the room at home for two classics unfortunately?

It's still sinking in, an Empty Garage :(

Pictures of the Tiger to follow, when I get one!

Gary

It's got to be some Tiger to replace your TR5.

I only got my 5 in August 17, first two times I took her out I was in shock, had been to used to modern driving, braking etc. Third time I smiled and now find any excuse to get her out.

Wish you well with your new car, when its coming?

No problem Niall ~

I'd sooner go for the 'Tiger' as the body looks more purposeful than the 'Alpine'.

Tiger body is identical to Series 4 or 5 Alpine. Apart from a few internal mods for Ford V8 fitment done by Jensen (firewall cut back,panel beating of inner wheel arches etc.)

Tom.

Nice - is it stock 260 ? I keep looking on Craigslist for a California car,still viable I reckon.

I think this one is fitted with the later 289 engine, seems a popular upgrade for them.

Someone local to me fitted a 302 (5 Litre Engine) with 300 BHP!!

I can remember seeing a Tiger at the Newark Autojumble a few years ago with a 7 Litre Cobra Engine, bet that went well? :o

I think you'll find they're dreamers/traders not unlike what we have over here.

Maybe I was exaggerating a bit! That blue one I saw at Mecum Auctions in November 2016 sold for $85,000 with a new 302 crate engine. Just looking at Mecum prices for last year, they range from $50k-$115k. There was one in 2014 that sold for $210,000!!!

post-12841-0-59396600-1519143536_thumb.png

Gary,

Interesting Reg No (BUP 4F) on the TR5. My own TR5 is UPB 4F and was also originally Valencia Blue but changed to BRG in early 90s by PO. I've had it for 20 years now.

I've parked alongside that car at the Harrogate IWE several years ago and photographed them together but can't find photos now.

Dave McD

Gary,

Interesting Reg No (BUP 4F) on the TR5. My own TR5 is UPB 4F and was also originally Valencia Blue but changed to BRG in early 90s by PO. I've had it for 20 years now.

I've parked alongside that car at the Harrogate IWE several years ago and photographed them together but can't find photos now.

Dave McD

Dave

I met you last year, you had the Spax Dampers and up-rated Springs off me for your TR6 when I swapped to Standard springs and Koni's, do you remember?

The car was first registered in Sunderland but purchased by someone living in Derbyshire?

Sean the PO did attend the Harrogate IWE Show, a very wet weekend if I remember, I attended for the day on the Sunday and it never stopped raining!

Cheers

Gary

BTW -I believe that the $210K high water mark Mark II Tiger has been up for sale recently with a much lower asking price (I want to say 180K and it sat). Tiger market has softened (although many owners/sellers don't see it that way) as many came out of the woodworks when prices jumped. Mark II's get all the interest because there are so few and collectors always go for the rarest of the rare. At the end of the day, the cars are not the next Cobra (Carrol Shelby connection aside) and their driving characteristics are fun at first, but I believe wear thin on most after a short while.