Number Plate Lights

I have a 1972 UK TR6 which, I believe, is completely original. My question relates to the number plate light fitting on the rear bumper. I have replaced the seal and chrome cover. However, the original one has 3 apertures - 2 for number plate illumination and a 3rd glass lens facing the rear. The replacement only has 2. Any ideas what the 3rd light is for and is it original?

Thanks,

Colin

I have one that I bought as a complete unit to use as spares for another.

The cover as a triumph badge on the reversewhich covers the third hole

As per my knowledge, a cover with a Triumph badge is not from a TR6 :rolleyes:

Definitely not TR6 Marc, the only models I have seen these fitted are Spitfire’s and Stag’s . Purchased only for the base plate my original was damaged.

Mark

Correct Mark,

The rear number plate lamp for the TR6 CP & CC is w/o the Triumph Badge, later version have no rear number plate lamp, the lights for the rear number plate migrate on the rear valance panel.

A plate on the rear bumper with a badge/transfer Triumph exist on a TR6 Carb '74 to '76 but it is fixed under the below part of the rear bumper and have no light.

The only rear number plate lamp with a Triumph badge is for Stag & Spitfire and I shall add GT6,

Regards