I have 2 different models of CTEK & both have frost setting!

OOOOOOooooooooohhhhhhhhhh tis automatic temperature selection, never seen one of those before.

Mick Richards

I have a Ctek on my motorbike and a Battery Tender on my TR. They both work quite well to float the battery and allow full power even after sitting idle for a few months.

Id recommend either one, but I like the Ctek better mainly for its connections and overall size.

A real charger is useful sometimes too, or maybe even better in this day and age is one of the ultra compact Li-ion jump packs. I have one of those in my other cars. (My TR3B is just too easy to push-start to worry about jumping.)

Edited by Don H.

A vote for Lidl's charger, I use two of them, no problems.

They've been on sale recently, may still be a few available

Phil

Having had to re-charge the battery on my 2-litre diesel Citroen twice in the autumn from about 4.5 volts, I can thoroughly recommend my IRL Taurus charger, which I purchased on 15th April 1960 for the sum of £3-15-0 (£3.75).

This old beast has served me very well for almost 58 years, and although its output is limited to about 4 amps (I don't think I've ever seen it show that high a charge rate), it has never failed to re-charge a battery, given adequate time. It must use a plate rectifier, as solid state units were not around then and it is definitely not mercury arc!

Incidentally, Halford's replaced the Citroen's battery without any quibble as it was well within its 5-year guarantee period.

Ian Cornish

"Halford's replaced the Citroen's battery without any quibble as it was well within its 5-year guarantee period."

Good ol Halfords, use them or lose them.

Mick Richards