Crankshaft length

I want to ship my 'spare' crankshaft from UK to Malaysia...

I have found a sea shipping company that might do this for 50quid...

Can someone help me with the length of a standard 4 cyl crank? Then I can get a suitable box...

Knock 100 off that mate with valves in 22kgs.

I had one damaged in transit (thermostat housing bit broke off), but I sent one to a guy in Italy last year I cut 3/4 ply wood 1" bigger than the cylinder head and bolted through stud holes making a cylinder head sandwich then in double card got there no problems.

Knock 100 off that mate with valves in 22kgs.

I had one damaged in transit (thermostat housing bit broke off), but I sent one to a guy in Italy last year I cut 3/4 ply wood 1" bigger than the cylinder head and bolted through stud holes making a cylinder head sandwich then in double card got there no problems.

I think its a crank in transit not a head.

Sorry I dont know weight of either

H

It's English, made by Triumph, none of this foreign metric weight nonsense!! .... weighs 40.8lbs .... this one was lightened by SAH back in the early '70's so add around 5 to 8lbs or so if yours is a standard crank.

Cheers Rob

+1.

Just weighed my TR4A crank and it is 41 lbs

Roger

Ok - so I just got home and had to go and weigh my crank out of curiosity, but had to wait till the good wife had gone to bed so I could use her digital scales!

Mine weighed 19.1 KGs or 42lbs - it still has the timing chain sprocket on, but I don't suppose that weighs a pound so it looks like my crank is slightly heavier than Rob's and Roger's ( that has a nice ring to it!), assuming of course that all our scales are 100% accurate ( fat chance).

Anyway, being extremely positive, that must mean all my journals are original standard size and have not been reground - whippee! It's the only thing I could think off to explain a heavier weight, again assuming the other cranks aren't original.

When I've finished cleaning it and have got the sprocket off ( it's very tight I hope because there is a fair bit of rust around it) I will measure the journals as best I can - hopefully the W/M has all the sizes. Then final hurdle will be to pass the crack test, and if successful, I will be a happy bunny

Cheers

Rich