A better clutch linkage boot?

The boot over the clutch pedal link to the master cylinder in my TR doesn't fit correctly, it's not tall enough to clear the linage and also lock into the panel below it. The fact it's also made from a fairly stiff rubber/plastic material doesn't help either.

I'm sure this has been supplied by one of the usual suppliers so can anyone suggest where I might source one that actually fits?

post-14246-0-55889800-1518330311_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Gavin

Hi Gav,I too would be interested to find out if anyone has found one that actually fits.

I`ve tried ones from different suppliers eg Rimmers ,Moss,James Paddock and they are all the same useless fit.

There must be one out there that fits

Dave

• 1 year later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old post but I'm sure this topic has been the source of many a pain in the, ahhh, bottom for most on here.

I'm trying to get mine to fit properly without luck so far.

Has anyone tried using an alternative style of boot to the original?

I thought about using a small shift lever boot and mounting it to the flat panel sandwiched between the master cylinder bracket and the panel.

Thoughts?

I had another go only yesterday trying to stretch one of my spare  boots to fit, using boiling water and a heat gun, but to no avail.

Why do these not fit, it is hardly advanced engineering, its a piece of rubber.

I may contact Indiana Jones for help, if he can find the Holy Grail surely he can  find  a boot that fits.:D

Dave