A question I'm hoping someone on here can help with.

My TR5 is finally getting the attention it deserves, and after the bonnet has been stripped of paint and filler it's not as good as I'd hoped so it needs replacing.

I know replacements are available from places like TRGB and Rimmers, but does anyone know if these would all be the same or if some are better than others? I would assume all likely come from the same place so will be the same, but I've learnt that making assumptions isn't always wise!

Thanks for any advice Anyone has.

Parry

Hi Parry, a lot of the replacements are from Bastuck these days, and are generally well accepted,

I have sent you a PM.

Conrad.

Parry,

I can imagine a good usuable TR5 bonnet would set you back

quite a bit, and would probably still still need some work.

Maybe some welding/lead filling on yours should be considered.

AlanR

The bonnets produced by Bastuck are very good quality, have fitted a couple. They come with no holes for the badges.

Parry,

I can imagine a good usuable TR5 bonnet would set you back

quite a bit, and would probably still still need some work.

Maybe some welding/lead filling on yours should be considered.

AlanR

Agreed - it also belongs to the car.

Cheers

Andrew

Thanks for the responses!

The bonnets not original, which became obvious as it was stripped of paint as the TR4 trim holes were badly filled and can be seen, so someone's replaced it already so the incentive to keep it is not as strong as it would be if it had been the original.

Repairing it isn't something I can do myself, so I'm trying to balance the cost of paying someone to repair it vs. the cost of a replacement.

If I could find a good used one at the right price it would be nice to have an original, but I'm a little wary of doing that in case I found the same issues on another used one as I have with mine, but trying to find out about this one on e-bay: http://r.ebay.com/EIa8dg, and from Conrad about one he has so it may be an option. If I was capable of repairing it myself I would defintely go this route, or repair what I already have.

I'm now planning on going to Stoneleigh at the weekend, so maybe I will look there also.

Parry