JDO. Did my Speedo. It’s accurate now after tyre and diff ratio swap. Quick turn around too. 

5 hours ago, Hamish said:

JDO. Did my Speedo. It’s accurate now after tyre and diff ratio swap. Quick turn around too. 

Hi Hamish, how long did it take?

3 hours ago, Hamish said:

They did it in a couple of days. Speedo out and back in car in a week.
and plenty of advice about calibration.

http://www.jdo1.com/speedo_calibration_1.html

Thanks Hamish.

Fortunately I think its OK now. I took the cable off, cleaned off the grease and put it back. It's now reading very close to the GPS speed.

• 2 months later...

The speedo on my TR4a stopped working when the cable receiver in the gauge seized.

I sent it to a firm in Yorkshire who repaired the gauge but altered the calibration; the readings were secure but incorrect.

They reinstated the correct calibration but I noticed that even when just carrying the gauge the needle wobbled.

Sure enough on installation the needle wobbles violently randomly (eg not to any pattern).

I am reluctant to send it back again and wonder if there is a damper of some sort that needs replacing or is it a case of sending to a repairer?

David

;