Distributor Doctor

Any reviews concerning Distributor Doctor would be appreciated.

Why!

Is your dizzy playing up.?

Martin is what you would call an expert.

He has the tools, the spares and the knowledge.

Roger

Edited by RogerH

Many years ago I had my distributor rebuilt by a midlands company who I think are still in the electrical business. The car was always awkward to start and ran a bit rough but I thought that it was all part of the TR3A experience.

As a part of a major overhaul, more recently, I had the distributor overhauled by DD and he found that I had the wrong springs and different weights. :rolleyes: He fixed it for me and it was a success.

Last month I burnt out my coil by leaving the ignition on all night by mistake. I uprated to the DD flamethrower coil and now the engine is starting like a modern car.

Martin has also done a lot of research into the modern condensers and points. His points are made from red material. There are some other red ones available now but not the same quality as DD

He is good.

Richard &H

I use him all the time for my Distributors and for ignition parts, cannot fault his service.

Stuart.

Not only a very nice man, whom I have had the pleasure of knowing since 1992, but THE EXPERT when it comes to anything to do with ignition systems on TRs and a great many other classic cars.

Seeing the crap which was being sold in branded packets (Lucas, for example) in the 1980s/90s, he left Revington TR, set up his own business and has produced rotor arms, condensers and contact sets which are the equalof (if not better than) those which were fitted to our cars at the Triumph factory.

He invested in the necessary machinery and test equipment to ensure that every distributor which he fettles is of top quality, is tested and has a test results sheet.

And he has a lovely sidescreen TR!

You'll not find better (and his prices are very reasonable).

Ian Cornish

Yes excellent. I visited his place on non TR business a couple of years ago & it was an Aladdins cave full of distributor bits & pieces.

A great little setup run by a nice guy who knows his stuff.

Regards.

A nice, highly competent guy, with efficient employees.

With some help from (in order of appearance !), George Andrew, Stuart (who was on holidays somewhere in Yorkshire), and Martin, a potentially serious ignition problem was sorted within a few minutes on a TR3A, during our last rally in Wales.