uHi to all first-time post purchased a incomplete project back tail end of last year was already part striped since then I have managed to strip the rest of the car and removed the body The chassis doesn't look too bad I have a few repairs to do training arm out riggers and reinforcing brackets hoping to do most of the work myself took The diff out looked at The part number begins with RR anyone got any ideas thinking it should be CT at the start anyway I just thought I'd post this and try And put some pictures on if nothing else will give you all a good laugh John

Edited by John h

Hi John....must be Rolls Royce then !!!!

I have a tr4 diff.i will check numbers and compare for you.

Cheers,

Conrad

The number is not stamped at the right place (it should be under the diff, can be seen diff on the car), I don't think it's a factory number.

Maybe a remanufactured diff ?

Edited by Chris59

I remember many years ago, my then local breakers yard used to mark gearboxes, engines and diffs with their own 3 month warranty mark...could be something like that..

Cheers,

Jerry

My 1966 4A, which has been off the road since the late 1970's has a diff with the number RR 4417 followed by possibly CT and another illegible letter after that, stamped on the top lip as per your first photo.

It also has numbers stamped underneath over the top of what was clearly the original numbering - the underlying number looks like ME11019 with overstamping which looks 8-10 R R

I was told that this numbering indicated it was a factory reconditioned unit , which started life in a non TR . I suspect Rimmers have followed the factory numbering as I don't think they were around in the late 1970s!

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rich

Hi John,

My 4A diff is marked CTC 66298.

Alan.

Hello Alan,

Please see my (earlier) post entitled TR4A IRS AXLE NUMBERS - I wonder if you could please provide your car's build date and (approx if you prefer) chassis number to help my table?

Many thanks

Tony

Hi John....must be Rolls Royce then !!!!

I have a tr4 diff.i will check numbers and compare for you.

Cheers,

Conrad

Hello Conrad,

Please see my (earlier) post entitled TR4A IRS AXLE NUMBERS - I wonder if you could please provide your car's axle number, build date and (approx if you prefer) chassis number to help my table?

Many thanks

Tony

Hello Alan,

Please see my (earlier) post entitled TR4A IRS AXLE NUMBERS - I wonder if you could please provide your car's build date and (approx if you prefer) chassis number to help my table?

Many thanks

Tony

Build Date 19/09/66. Chassis No. CTC 73477 L. Eng. No. CT 73602 E. Diff. No. CTC 66298. LHD US Export IRS car.

Alan.