TR3 Floors Cills inner and outer replacement advice pls.

Morning chaps, garage warmed up and ready to start floors/cills inner and outer on a Tr3 then realised I have never done this before on a tr with the body still in position and dont want to remove body if possible as im on a time scale looking at the floors it looks like a juggling act ,I can see bottom of A+B post will be in the way and I think they might need to be chopped off then reworked when floors are In so anybody done it or even got any words of wisdom before I get into it, iv got plenty to strip out before I get the grinder spinning later today. Cheers chaps Martin

A lot to cut, including A and B posts, in some parts maybe use a special spot weld drill bit, but first of all I would weld in some supports (could be screwed in the hinges nuts in the A post) between A and B posts. You need to separate the body from e the frame at least so much that you can get the consoles attached to the sill free from the frame. It's not just A and B posts that have to go, you need to cut the quarter panel and the rear inner wing as well as the bulkhead where you can find all kinds of interesting rot.

IMG_2049.jpg

IMG_2051.jpg

Hi Martin,

A while back Stuart provided a really good description for the whole process, which is what I will be following when I attempt mine sometime later this year.

To find, do a search on this forum for “Replacing an inner sill without removing the body”.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/37164-replacing-an-inner-sill-without-removing-the-body/?hl=%2Breplacing+%2Binner+%2Bsill+%2Bwithout+%2Bremoving+%2Bbody

Martin

Hi Martin,

A while back Stuart provided a really good description for the whole process, which is what I will be following when I attempt mine sometime later this year.

To find, do a search on this forum for “Replacing an inner sill without removing the body”.

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/37164-replacing-an-inner-sill-without-removing-the-body/?hl=%2Breplacing+%2Binner+%2Bsill+%2Bwithout+%2Bremoving+%2Bbody

Martin

Thanks Martin, saves me writing it out again!

Stuart.

Cheers chaps, well a bit more than I had envisaged ,that write up Stewart is brill and thanks MJF for the link, Inge them kick panels have gone quite badly thanks for photo's luckily this is a black plate California car so not rotten out but both sill have been scraped/flatened,probably curb damaged and the floors are peppered and thin.

Hi Stewart do you know of any better sills than the ones from moss etc ones with a curve would be nice or is it lead time. Ta Martin

If you need a sill I have a brand new left over. RH inner from Moss ( item no 900391). Really nice price, PM me if interested.

inner-sill-rh.jpg

Edited by ijonsson

Cheers chaps, well a bit more than I had envisaged ,that write up Stewart is brill and thanks MJF for the link, Inge them kick panels have gone quite badly thanks for photo's luckily this is a black plate California car so not rotten out but both sill have been scraped/flatened,probably curb damaged and the floors are peppered and thin.

Hi Stewart do you know of any better sills than the ones from moss etc ones with a curve would be nice or is it lead time. Ta Martin

Unfortunately all the sills are the same, also you will find the cut in on the step where the front corner of the door goes into when you open it isnt the right shape so needs altering. You will see what I mean when you have it in your hand.

Stuart.