I cannot fit my glove box

Ive definitely removed and refitted mine through the hole in the dash

Remember it being fiddly, and i might have removed the dash support bracket to get it in

Hth

Steve

Def upside down, although if the correct way up it appears that your light fitting will be on the wrong side. Not the end of the world if the wires reach.
I fitted mine from underneath with the metal support strap removed and the flex heater pipes removed. It was still a struggle even using an original box, I believe the copies are even harder to fit.

Mine did have the wood dash installed so there was no way it would install from the front. Without the wood dash it may be possible.

Good luck,

John

Def upside down, although if the correct way up it appears that your light fitting will be on the wrong side. Not the end of the world if the wires reach.

I fitted mine from underneath with the metal support strap removed and the flex heater pipes removed. It was still a struggle even using an original box, I believe the copies are even harder to fit.

Mine did have the wood dash installed so there was no way it would install from the front. Without the wood dash it may be possible.

Good luck,

John

Lights probably on the wrong side due to it being originally a LHD.

Lights probably on the wrong side due to it being originally a LHD.

Aha! I was foing to post that it couldnt be upside down but now i see!

Well I'm still struggling, I have extended the wiring from a LHD loom across to the now RHD side but this shouldn't stop the box fitting?

the outlet tube of the heater box seems to foul the right hand side of the glove box, have I also fitted the demister unit the wrong way around it isn't clear in the Manual?

what an orible job.............

post-4234-0-88064900-1517568770_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-14590200-1517568787_thumb.jpg

I always fit the plastic one from Moss as it has the indent for the demister hose and yes it is a little Bu***r to fit if fitting the cardboard ones hence I prefer plastic, so much easier.

Demister looks right to me (or should I say left) It is correct.

Regards Harry

Edited by harrytr5

I always fit the plastic one from Moss as it has the indent for the demister hose and yes it is a little Bu***r to fit if fitting the cardboard ones hence I prefer plastic, so much easier.

Demister looks right to me (or should I say left) It is correct.

Regards Harry

Thanks harry, I have been soaking the cardboard effort for an hour to so and have placed a bottle on the side to make some room for the heater tube.

Its strange you know, my 4 cam maserati engine rebuild went well, this glovebox is so awkward, and ten times worse!

Edited by pfenlon

Pete,

I have a lhd tr6, think I fitted mine from below.

Not the nicest job, and when I was about to order the plastic one, it slid in.

Good luck, try hard, then try even harder, and you will manage:)

Waldi

Always surprises me with our forums how often I am doing something at the same time as another member. Has often happened.

In this case I was refitting an original glovebox last night. Came out of the bottom OK but a bit tricky getting it back in.

Have now after soaking the thing in water got it fitted, but no room to fit the outlet tube, Maybe I should have fitted the tube first.

Will give that a try and if no good will get out the stanley Knife

post-4234-0-18282900-1517676863_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-81585500-1517676877_thumb.jpg

Hi Pete

Have been reading your struggles with the Glove box.....been there!

Now that you've got it back in place, will you need to replace any of the instruments only it aint half easier with the glove box OUT!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Good luck , Nick

Hi Pete

Have been reading your struggles with the Glove box.....been there!

Now that you've got it back in place, will you need to replace any of the instruments only it aint half easier with the glove box OUT!!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Good luck , Nick

Cheers Nick, just finished and its IN at long last, had to reshape it in the sink though, but it did take a long time!

Off to help NASA just now with some trajectory information they are short of..................................