I've googled and searched the forum and internet until my eyes are bleeding for an article/post that I know I've seen about someone sewing his own vinyl covers for the sidescreens, but I'm not finding it. Lots of photos showing step by step. Anyone got a link or an idea how to find this information?

/Inge

PS. I had links to two sites called Les Rusty Resto and Kutscher but they seem both to be offline, hope it wasn't one of those.

Edited by ijonsson

Do you have sidescreen frames?

PM me if not as I have a pair of new remade TR2 flap bottom sidescreen frames.

Frames are now provisionally sold.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Do you have sidescreen frames?

PM me if not as I have a pair of new remade TR2 flap bottom sidescreen frames.

Peter W

I have the frames, thanks for the offer anyway.

/Inge

I did this. Twice. I bought a second-hand professional sewing machine with a long reach and had a go at it. I did this twice because it was one of the things I did at an early stage of the restoration. And when the resto was nearly finished, I did it again because I wasn't happy with the result of the first attempt. It's better now. After that I've sold the machine. I didn't get some sort of kit or mold /template. I started with a sheet of vinyl and pieces of paper to make my own templates. But templates don't include the seems at the top etc.

In short, don't do it yourself.

I wouldn't do it again. Now after all these years, I've seen so many details I would do differently when I had a third attempt - but the machine is gone. Mistakes can happen but can take a lot of material when you want to do it perfectly. I also did the hood. Now that's something else; I'm really happy with the result. But I had the old hood as a template

I think it might have been Lebro who stitched his. He'll be along before long. If not I'll give him a nudge ????

TRF did mine. They sell the window pieces for those interested in DIY. For me it was a more practical call to take advantage of their considerable experience.

http://trf.zeni.net/wc/specials11.20/13.php

i-wN73DHS-X3.jpg

i-4TQsKvG-X3.jpg

Inge,

This may be the sidescreen thread you were searching for:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?81211-Back-to-TR3-Sidescreens&p=1059948#post1059948

Inge,

This may be the sidescreen thread you were searching for:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?81211-Back-to-TR3-Sidescreens&p=1059948#post1059948

:) thank you. I was so close to finding it, read another post from this man, but close is not enough.

Inge, the rustyresto site you mentioned was my TR2 rebuild pictures on photobucket, but removed when I was asked to pay for the "upgrade". I have not yet rebuilt my sidescreens.

Les

Edited by Les

Inge, the rustyresto site you mentioned was my TR2 rebuild pictures on photobucket, but removed when I was asked to pay for the "upgrade". I have not yet rebuilt my sidescreens.

Les

Well, then both you and I have a challenge ahead of us ;)