Seat Belt Guides for MX5 seats

Hi All

Just found some seat belt guides for the double posted head rests. I've been looking for these for a while now. I've bought some and they are a very good fit.

They don't foul the hood frame and work well.

Pictures attached

Sorry, I really don't know why my pictures end up sideways

post-391-0-19903100-1516814209_thumb.jpgpost-391-0-78329400-1516814227_thumb.jpgpost-391-0-45011700-1516814259_thumb.jpgpost-391-0-71439000-1516814280_thumb.jpgpost-391-0-94856900-1516814294_thumb.jpg

They are being made and supplied by

Paul Copeland - If your'e interested, send me a PM and I'll send his details

I have no connection other than being a happy customer

Best

Bill

I have looked at these but hesitated because I thought the edges could fray the belt.... are they ok on that score?

...... Andy

Hi Andy

Yes i think so. they look good to me. When seated and you pull the belt across your chest, it doesn't rub. However Paul Copeland did say, he thought it might be a good idea to extend the length by 1/14 inch just to be sure. You can discuss that with him direct. He's very helpful.

best Bill

Hi Andy

Yes i think so. they look good to me. When seated and you pull the belt across your chest, it doesn't rub. However Paul Copeland did say, he thought it might be a good idea to extend the length by 1/14 inch just to be sure. You can discuss that with him direct. He's very helpful.

best Bill

Thanks Bill, good to know, I may well circle back on those :)

...... Andy

I have something like these fitted to mine, I used to have the same type as Bill but wanted something a bit more substantial

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/391618965259?chn=ps&adgroupid=47842945425&rlsatarget=pla-380312378811&abcId=1129946&adtype=pla&merchantid=115139080&poi=&googleloc=9045540&device=c&campaignid=974959912&crdt=0

;):D

Edited by Clarkey

Hi Martin

Yes I think that type is really good for the single post headrest, but I found that it swivels around on the double post head rest when using only 1 post. Probably due to the shape of the post - oval v round

best

Bill

Edited by Bill Bourne

Hi All

Ordered seat belt brackets from Paul arrived the following day took less than 10 minutes to fit

Should have had these fitted years ago

They work a treat

Alec

• 1 month later...

Seat belt tidies are a great idea - this is what I have fitted. Just one word of caution however, you may find the belt routing has excessive friction that impedes inertia reel belts from easily retracting if you have a roll bar fitted and/or use a cover over your folded soft top. It does depend on roll bar type, seat type and location of the belt guide bolted to the car side.

post-12457-0-98160600-1519932885_thumb.jpg

Yes I've just fitted them. They adjust so fit perfect. I may have to be careful when lowering the hood

as they are close to the frame but not touching.

Steve

Edited by whatmore179