Saying Hi first post

As per title , I thought it time that I said hi on the site.

I have been a member of the register since attending last years practical classics show . Following many years of modern motoring I decided to buy into the classic car scene , I choose Triumph as my first meaningful car when I was young was a Dolimite 1500 TC which I loved and always regretted selling it .

I always wanted a GT6 and managed to buy a 1967 mark one , too which I have now been able to add a 1972 TR6 , I had always intended on buying one a some point and was doing some research on buying guidelines etc , but a visit to the Classic Car show in November and without the control of the good lady , I made an impulse buy and brought a commission sale car which was on the TRGB stand. I had previously spoken to Gary Bates of TRGB on previous occasions at various shows and felt comfortable from the off when I talked to him about the car .

Deposit paid , got home told the wife ! Recovered and then started to think ...what had I done , reflecting I had not asked the questions I needed to do etc etc. I called Gary on the Tuesday before I paid balance and mind was eased some what.

I also sent an email to the TR6 registry within the TR Action Mag who kindly sent me information about the previous owners who had registered the car with the club . I wrote to these people and one such gentlemen replied who was very helpful about his ownership and that of the person before him and some details about who he sold the car too. His information also included a new paper clipping of the car going through a small ford , whilst he was on a local car rally event .

I have now had correspondence with the guy who was selling the car , and I now feel very pleased with my impulse buy. This said I know that motoring of this era is never trouble free and Nov being mechanically minded I know in time I will seeking help from your good selves and that of my local group when inintroduce myself .

Hopefully here a a couple of pics .

post-15308-0-62495700-1516662650_thumb.jpgpost-15308-0-17342900-1516662728_thumb.jpgpost-15308-0-67600200-1516662779_thumb.jpgpost-15308-0-99536200-1516662820_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Is "Millie" your first name? We are a friendly bunch here and most of us are on a first name basis.

Congratulations on the purchase of your lovely looking 6. I also purchased my car on commission from TRGB, about four years ago now. I was very impressed with Gary and his team, as it was my first TR and like you I'm not mechanically minded. That's the reason I joined the forum. Members here have been a great help in guiding me. If you need help with anything, just ask.

Also, if you get the chance, pop along to your local group.

Cheers, Darren

Hello Millie and welcome to the Forum.

That's a lovely looking car so congratulations on your purchase. I'm restoring a 1974 TR6, just over 4 years in at this point and still a long way to go.

Best regards,

Sean

Hello Millie and welcome to Tr ownership and to the forum. You will find this forum really valuable and everyone is so friendly and helpful.

The 6 looks like a very nice car, enjoy.

As per title , I thought it time that I said hi on the site.

I have been a member of the register since attending last years practical classics show . Following many years of modern motoring I decided to buy into the classic car scene , I choose Triumph as my first meaningful car when I was young was a Dolimite 1500 TC which I loved and always regretted selling it .

I always wanted a GT6 and managed to buy a 1967 mark one , too which I have now been able to add a 1972 TR6 , I had always intended on buying one a some point and was doing some research on buying guidelines etc , but a visit to the Classic Car show in November and without the control of the good lady , I made an impulse buy and brought a commission sale car which was on the TRGB stand. I had previously spoken to Gary Bates of TRGB on previous occasions at various shows and felt comfortable from the off when I talked to him about the car .

Deposit paid , got home told the wife ! Recovered and then started to think ...what had I done , reflecting I had not asked the questions I needed to do etc etc. I called Gary on the Tuesday before I paid balance and mind was eased some what.

I also sent an email to the TR6 registry within the TR Action Mag who kindly sent me information about the previous owners who had registered the car with the club . I wrote to these people and one such gentlemen replied who was very helpful about his ownership and that of the person before him and some details about who he sold the car too. His information also included a new paper clipping of the car going through a small ford , whilst he was on a local car rally event .

I have now had correspondence with the guy who was selling the car , and I now feel very pleased with my impulse buy. This said I know that motoring of this era is never trouble free and Nov being mechanically minded I know in time I will seeking help from your good selves and that of my local group when inintroduce myself .

Hopefully here a a couple of pics .

attachicon.gifIMG_0004.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0026.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0014.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_0028.JPG

Hi Millie! Looks to be a very nice car. The only bit I do not like are the wheel barrow silencers which will mess up the rear paint work, not a liked option anymore?

Happy TR driving and welcome to the forum.

Bruce.

Thank you your kind comments and warm welcome .

I live close to Stafford and will pop along to my local group as soon as I can.

I have already been helped by Guy whom I contact a few days ago before posting , he very kindly sent me some instructions I was after.

Understand the wheelbarrow silencers but I will see down the line how I feel . I will be changing the steering wheel and also the dash and door cappings, these are new items but I prefer to have either original dash with the black cappings or go for a much lighter dash with cappings to suit .

I am sure I will be seeking help down the line re mechanicals etc again thank you for your welcome.

Hi Millie,

Welcome to the forum. Cracking looking car, lovely.

The current twin silencers are indeed a Marmite kind of topic. Personally I rather like them because.... My car has them too ! ????

I like the look and love the sound, though the various kits out there do differ.

The one potential issue is regards fumes into the cockpit. The Kamm tail does seem to do this, on my car not an issue top down, but top up I need all the fresh air on to reduce the smell.

It shouldn't make the rear paint dirty, not unless the PI is set up too rich. Yes the exhaust internal will look dark/black, but there should be no smutts. Can't imagine a great car like that would be sold by a TR trader off-tune.

Enjoy!! Cheers,

J.

Millie - I'd echo the welcome! You will find a great community here with an astounding amount of knowledge and willingness to help.

Lovely looking car, even though I'm a dedicated TR4 fan (although I do adore a straight 6 engine - had a Vitesse for several years and I envy your Mk1 GT6).

Most important of all: drive it! then drive it some more, and drive it again. As often and as far as possible.

Cheers,

Tim

post-10723-0-79625600-1516775633_thumb.jpgpost-10723-0-55536200-1516775520_thumb.jpgpost-10723-0-05862400-1516775537_thumb.jpgpost-10723-0-97221500-1516775560_thumb.jpgAndy

Welcome again and a lovely looking car - well done!

I have a Burr Elm dash and matching door caps which are much lighter than what you currently have, and they look cracking as well, so they may be what you are looking for.

Couple of photos below ( apologies for them being awful - in reality they are lighter than the photos show), but hopefully it will give you some idea - have sent you a PM ( personal message) - click on the envelope in the very top right hand corner of the screen where there should be a red marker.

Cheers

Rich

Welcome to the 'Club'. You have a smart looking motor there - perhaps you'll show it at the IWE this year.

Rich, Andy, Be careful, that dash will not fit a TR6. Air vents are round in the 6

Sean

I wasn't looking to sell my dash - its for my own 4A restoration - I should have made it clear it was shown as an example of the colour of Burr Elm

Sorry for the confusion folks

Cheers

Rich