Hi all,

Sadly I have decided to sell my TR6 after 13+ year’s ownership. I mainly used it for regularity runs\navigational rally’s and a few trips to Le Mans - but 3 small children and restoring a previously derelict house mean that it is being driven less and less – about 100 miles in the last year. I think it’s time someone else got some enjoyment out of it.

Before I advertise it properly I need to clean it up, sort out the grotty wheels, (I have a better spare set) and get some fresh tyres on it. MOT is due in 3 weeks. Once that’s done I’ll be looking for £14k and I shall stick it on EBay. If anyone wants to save me the pain of the MOT etc. and advertising it then I’m happy to let it go for £12k – car is in Windsor - PM me if interested.

Warts n’ all description:

• 1974 TR6 CR (UK PI)
  • Mimosa
  • 99950 miles (or thereabouts).
  • Garaged
  • MOT February 2018
  • Older, professional restoration (90’s). Still looking generally good – few scabby bits:
    • Leading edge of bonnet – stone chipped
    • Front valance – stone chipped
    • Odd (less than fingernail size) touched in stone chips here and there
    • Some evidence of rust where wing meets sill (inside door gap)
    • Few micro blisters appeared on top of rear wing in last year
  • Engine – original and PI all running well
  • Bosch pump fitted about 12 years ago – still going strong
  • Transmission – all fine – overdrive works well. Syncro a bit noisy in 1st.
  • Revington rear suspension upgrade\conversion
  • Phoenix s\s tubular manifold and 6-3-1
  • Oil cooler (thermostatically controlled)
  • Wheels – tatty original steel. I have another set of steels included that are better.
  • Hood – good condition standard vinyl.
  • Interior – OK – bit tired. Leather faced seats – need new foams really.
  • Dashboard – all original – hazard light switch fitted in centre H console.

Some photos I took in the summer here: http://s1141.photobucket.com/user/concrete24/library/TR6_2017

Regards,

Michael.

Bet its gone by mid afternoon Michael!

Thanks for the positive thoughts! :)

Not the end of the world if I end up MOT'ing etc. - it tends to pass every year without any grief - just feels like it could be a relatively cheap way into TR6 ownership for someone and save me the hassle at the same time.

Cheers,

Michael.

Well I tried to look at your photos but I could not get rid of all adverts popping up in front of the photos. I am not in the market for purchasing your car but I thought i would let you know in case someone who is interested gives up, due to all the advertising on your weblink

kc

Hi KC,

Thanks for the warning - must be a photo bucket problem now they have gone largely to paid for accounts. Ill see if I can post a few pics on here for reference a bit later.

Thanks again,

Michael

...and a couple of interior shots. These are from 2 years ago - but it looks the same! Anyway, I now see I am not going to make a career as a photographer - but if it ends up on the 'bay, I will try to 'up' my artistic skills! :wacko:

Regards,

Michael.

post-2408-0-96875900-1516657792_thumb.jpg

post-2408-0-11162700-1516657820_thumb.jpg

Hi Michael,

looks like a good honest '6. (Great colour too!)

Good luck with the sale.

Best wishes,

Paul.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Update (and the 'joy' of Ebay)!

Thought I'd share my Ebay experience for the benefit of anyone thinking of enduring the same! The car went on a few weeks ago and 'sort of' sold - except I still have it!

• I had 80 watchers
  • I had about 20 'interested' enough to ask questions
  • Most of the questions were ultimately aimed at ending the auction early for a quick sale - which I rejected 'cause I think it's against the principle of the thing, (just my opinion).
  • One of the approaches turned out to be with fraudulent aims (Ebay tipped me off - good job)!
  • I had 4 unique bidders - only one of whom contacted me before the auction ended (which was weird presumably they were bidding to look not buy)
  • 3 no shows for viewing - no explanation or further contact
  • Auction ended £150 short of the reserve. I gave a second chance offer to the closest bidder. He came to see the car - but ultimately it wasn't for him.

It's fair enough that the bidder decided against it in the end - especially as it was a second chance offer anyway. Bit annoying with so much interest I only actually got one person in front of the car. It is making me re-evaluate using Ebay again, (although I guess most of the above could happen with any classified to some extent). Hasn't really cost me anything - I'll probably stick it on again next week!

Regards,

Michael.

Better luck next time Michael!

I buy on ebay quite a lot but never had a pain;ess selling experience so avoid it now.

Steve

Michael I put on my xk150 two weeks ago had over 4500 views ,One turned up to see it and he did buy it putting in a last minute bid,eBay attracts people looking for a bargain but some genuine bidders are out there .

If you have the space put it back on there end of April it will sell.

Nick

Hi all,

Thanks for the kind words, advice and encouragement. I think because I have finally (and still regretfully) committed to selling it I just wanted to move on and see it gone to a good home - but you are probably right about leaving it a few weeks - it is almost funny that every time it gets near eBay we have a freak snow storm!

I shall percervere and bide my time!

Thanks,

Michael

Maybe this gives a true indication of what TR6's are really selling for as opposed what people are asking for them... A genuine UK fuel injected car that from what I can see is in a very useable but not a restored trailer queen but also not a rust bucket for 14K or less...In theory folk should be fighting over it...

Good luck with the sale by the way...If I didn't already own one I'd be interested!

Hi Steve,

Yep - not looking good!

If it improves towards the end of next week I think I will stick it on with no reserve this time - start it off at £10,500 and see what happens! It got up to £12,850 fairly easily before, so the value is probably somewhere around there (and I'd be OK with that). Seems crazy when restoration projects are advertised around 9k - but who knows what they really sell for either!

Keep you posted,

Michael.

Mid-April is the best time to sell a sports car, for the greatest return.

People are affected by the romance of the air warmth & blooming flowers- that's when they must have a new car.

"Oh, Honey, look at this nice TR!"

EBay is full of absolute time wasters and people looking to "mess up" your auction. Scammers, pretend dealers (lol) but there are a few genuine decent people out there....check out their feedback, normally gives you a good indication....message me your best price if you want a quick no hassle sale....cheers Mark

PS I only use EBay Classifieds for Car Sales Now....cannot be bothered with the knob ed's ????

EBay is full of absolute time wasters and people looking to "mess up" your auction. Scammers, pretend dealers (lol) but there are a few genuine decent people out there....check out their feedback, normally gives you a good indication....message me your best price if you want a quick no hassle sale....cheers Mark

PS I only use EBay Classifieds for Car Sales Now....cannot be bothered with the knob ed's ????

Hi Mark,

I think you have summed up my experience of eBay very well in your description! I have someone threatening to come and see it (he followed the original auction but didnt want to bid). If that doesnt come to anything you may well be hearing from me!

Thanks,

Michael

• 2 weeks later...

Michael myself I'm not a car dealer

Or a anything dealer.

But I can deal like anyone can.

Of corse it's mad dealing anything.

But I have to say anyone can deal

With some one that's wants.

And there is alway someone that wants

What you have, that is for sure.

From houses land cars art work.

I have found with my adds if I am low it doesn't sell. Go high and drop never go low

And wish you had asked for more.

It's all about confidence.

Sell when you don't need the money always.

But even if you do don't ever let on.

Put your car on cars and classics.

Look if as they say tire kickers

So be it. Let them kick away.

Someone will for sure one million percent buy your car.

And that's the name of the game,

Put your car on cars

And classic for loads of money

Spring is here.as nick said.

I sold a prodject in 2 weeks for full asking price

On cars and classics.'

Doesn't matter who you sell to just as long as you get what you have in mind

Good luck

Helen