Exhaust system gearbox mount

I am currently fitting a Moss Tourist Trophy exhaust system to my 1974 Tr6 (with overdrive). The system is similar in design to the standard exhaust with cross box at the rear. The removed exhaust system did not have a support fitted at the gearbox. I intend fitting the 'standard exhaust' hanging system which clamps the two pipes between an upper and lower plate which then attaches to the gearbox via a 'support strap ' part number UKC878.

Can anyone please advise where on the gearbox/ overdrive does the support strap attach.

Regards

Alan

Something tells me it is attached to one of the overdrive casing studs - the stud is longer than the others and the strap fits to it and is then held with an extra UNF nut.

Peter W

I am currently fitting a Moss Tourist Trophy exhaust system to my 1974 Tr6 (with overdrive). The system is similar in design to the standard exhaust with cross box at the rear. The removed exhaust system did not have a support fitted at the gearbox. I intend fitting the 'standard exhaust' hanging system which clamps the two pipes between an upper and lower plate which then attaches to the gearbox via a 'support strap ' part number UKC878.

Can anyone please advise where on the gearbox/ overdrive does the support strap attach.

Regards

Alan

Hello Alan, I dint have the correct mounting plate when I fitted an overdrive unit to my 69 TR6, but made one from info gleaned from a USA site which was easy to make, very cheap and will last for years.

perhaps you could hang your exhaust from such a bracket? just a thought

post-4234-0-24042900-1516553150_thumb.jpg