Having regularly, - well more than once Waxoiled my TR over the years,

I now have all four wings and the doors removed to catch some bubbly bits before they get too big.

Pleasantly surprised how solid almost everything is,

especially as we chuck our cars about in all weathers and on all roads up here.

Anyhow my question, thoughts on how to remove old Waxoil, gently, so as to try not to

disturb the mostly solid 'Stoneguard.shultz' underneath?

John.

Edited by john

Another one for white spirit.

I usually dilute with some to apply, as it goes through the 'official' Waxoyl sprayer better, and IIRC that is Waxoyl's advice, if the stuff is a bit too thick.

JOhn

Hi guys - thanks for this, I'll go the White Spirit Route, just hoping to leave the stoneguard,

rather than go back to bare metal inside and outside.

Hi Pete, since the demise of photobox think posting pictures is beyond me here,

one on sideways - that was easy!.

John.

Edited by john

Hi John,

White spirit has worked better than paraffin for me . . . . spray on and then leave for only a few minutes, just long enough to soften the waxoyl but not the stonechip, before attacking with a fairly stiff brush. You may well need to repeat, but that's better than losing the stonechip !

Be warned, the fumes from dissolving waxoyl in white spirit are not pleasant - and not good for your health either. And stray droplets will do your eyes even less good. Goggles and mask, and some forced ventilation . . . . I keep a couple of 16" fans in the garage for such tasks.

Cheers

Alec

Very timely as I am about to remove the rear wing to investigate a "bubble".

I am more worried about finding more than I expected and also undoing old bolts without doing any damage.

John,

I have just been cleaning off old underseal on a new addition to my garage that had been softened by old oil. White spirit moved it I also used this scraper in hard plastic, very strong and didn't scratch. Get a couple and saw a blade down for narrower work. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vikan-Polypropylene-Hand-Scraper-75-mm-4060x-Food-DIY-Cooking-Cleaning-scraping/252552455843?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=551460066083&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

I filled old kitchen cleaner hand sprayer with white spirit. I also bought a couple of growbag trays (About 4 foot x 18 inches) from B&Q to catch the debris otherwise it gets on the shoes and gets everywhere.

Lots and lots of paper towel and some good gloves. - https://www.toolstation.com/shop/Workwear+%26+Safety/d70/Gloves/sd570/Black+Mamba+Super+Tough+Disposable+Gloves/p16577

Alan

John,

Another member had the same problem with picture posting as you.

Our straight-talking expert Roger replied - see: http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/53363-posting-pictures/?hl=%2Bposting+%2Bpictures

It isn't that complicated.

Hope it works for you!

JOhn

Edited by john.r.davies

Hi John,

not complicated once you have done a couple of times.

Your pictures are filed somewhere. I use lap top and they are on there. If using one of those clever phone and your pics are there then find them in there somewhere.

Click on the 'more reply options' bottom right corner.

Click on 'choose file' if they are in the computer then that is where the file is.

Select your pic - make sure it is not too big 100Kb is good.

Click on 'attach this file'

Place cursor where you want the pic.

Click on 'add file' bottom right hand side

Roger

When you choose more reply options this window should open, if you are using something tablet-like your various image-locations should be listed from which you can find your photograph.

After selecting the image, dont forget to press attach this file. Job done.

...... Andy

post-13122-0-58644500-1516559182_thumb.jpeg