TR door water curtains

I love the Name ‘water curtains’ a very elegant description for polythene sheeting :)

the WSM/parts-book usually shows the rough shape, best bet is to start large and then trim to suit..... they are simply intended to keep rainwater away from the door card, directed back into the door to drain out of the holes at the bottom of the door.

I usually try and save some of the heavier-gauge plastic used to wrap appliances/large items.... tends to work pretty well.

..... Andy

Yep as stated DPC works well, They are difficult to fit if you try to reproduce the original 3 piece item but well worth it, I had to dismantle my drivers door last year after the sideswipe incident and after 25 yrs the runners and the door card was still perfect.

Stuart.

How are these fixed and where?

Something else removed from my 6 and not reinstalled.

Thanks Mark

If you look in the parts book you will see them, essentially there are 3, one at the front that is clipped to the first 3 to 4" of the inside of the window aperture return before the felt inner is clipped in and goes in before the front window slide is bolted in. Then there is one that is attached to the bottom of the glass inside the lower channel that fits to the winder mechanism. The last one is at the rear again clipped to the last few inches of the inner top return lip and fitted before the rear window slide.The front and rear ones are quite hard to fit but worth it to preserve the door cards from water ingress.

Stuart.

Edited by stuart

You might find these links helpful:

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/41514-door-water-curtain/

and this one also has a link to a post on the 6 pack forum has some good images:

http://www.6-pack.org/j15/index.php/forum/21-body-trim-a-accessories/238122-Water-Curtain-Assembly-Front-and-Rear-after-Comm-Cf1-CR1#238172

Martin

Edited by MJF