Liege-Brescia-Liege TR Register Rally

I came across this last night. http://www.classicrallypress.co.uk/

Very tempting (but possibly cost prohibitive for many?) Having cut our teeth on the Paris-Prague last year I think I need to start a new savings plan for this one! :D

I wonder when we will be told about it officially? :unsure::rolleyes:

Now that would be fun! Couldn't find the costs.....

Is it even an "Official Event"?

We are registered to do the Autumn Sun Run later this year, Starts at Bas Sur Aube and finishes 4 days later at Voreppe.

Iain

Whenever I see this sort of commercially (as opposed to club) organised event advertised with a coy bypassing of cost levels, I can but assume that if I have to email for details then I certainly won't be able to afford to participate . . . . . and I'm not convinced that I really wish to keep organisers in the style to which they'd like to become accustomed.

Our own annual Euro meetings are bad enough . . . . I've done the sums, and I could arrange the same trip for two ,at the same venues, at considerably lower cost than that charged by the TR club organisers. So much for economies of scale.

As for commercial rally or more accurately touring events, I've costed out a couple of these last year and discovered that I could do the same tour, with a passenger, for little more than half the quoted prices, which suggests to me that someone is making a damn good return for their organising efforts.

There is of course an argument that the TR Register could be organising this sort of exercise for us, on a non-profit basis, rather than focusing on changing names and getting involved in Forum spats . . . . .

Cheers,

Alec

Alec couldn't agree more, I await the return email with interest.

The Autumn Sun Run is very good value for money.....otherwise I wouldn't be doing it :D

Iain

Edited by iain

Well I haven't had a reply yet (perhaps my email was too short/cryptic!) but going by the cost of the Paris-Prague - which we did as a "special" event to celebrate our Silver wedding I'd not be surprised if Alec's guesstimate is pretty accurate! :wacko:;)

The 2018 edition of the Rallye Monte Carlo Historique costs €4800 for a team of two. It includes a competitive rallye, insurance, timing, plaques and competition numbers, two nights in hotels in Monaco, a few buffets (which knowing that crowd are sure to be nice) and the prize giving gala.

http://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/RMCH2018_Reglement_web-2.pdf

I'd say Liège-Brescia-Liège, with ten days in top quality hotels, is more likely to be £6-7k.

@ Iain - Yes, agreed not too bad; particularly compared to the Paris-Prague which was 7 days but did involve a posse of marshals with lots of regularities to organise

@ Don - Ha! but very probably, my navigator is already sharpening her highlighter!

It's our idea of a holiday and we have many years to catch up on when we didn't have one!

Looks amazing fun but I don't think I'll get the go ahead from the boss as it's only 3 days after I get back from the Round the Island Race and I'm already in the dog house about that. Shame as I have a co-driver at work who would jump at the chance to drive back to Brescia.

Changing the subject slightly, Ben when are you and Vicky doing your next talk at the Wessex - is it the 23rd of this month?

Hi Richard,

Yes, it is this month, hope to see you there for a belated birthday pint!

With regards to getting a pass from the Boss, here are some tips.... (the order is important!).

1. Book a family holiday / set aside some time where they will have your undivided attention. Then you are putting family first (lots of brownie points).

2. Will the kids be on hols by 11 July?......if so, can the Boss + kids have (another!) holiday, perhaps a visit to the maternal grandparents, or go somewhere with the Boss's best friend and their kids. Result = grown ups drink lots of wine and are happy, kids play with each other and give the grown ups a break. They then have fun and forget that you are away having fun too. :ph34r:

3. If 2 above won't work, invite maternal grandparents down to stay while you are away. They can then help the Boss with kids/life so she's not under too much pressure without your support, and she gets to see her parents...........result! B)

Now all you need to do is spend your brownie points, book the time off work, get your co-driver organised and come out to play! :) We were hoping you might be up for making a team!!!

See you in a couple of weeks,

Vicky xxx

• 11 months later...

Good press coverage on TRs for his years event 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/classic/join-liege-brescia-liege-classic-road-rally/

Mick Richards