TR6 A post screen to top hinge seal

John posted a question regarding this seal, Stuart pointed out that there were 2 sizes, dependant on "Door fit"

I sent john a piece of my original seal which he passed on to Woolies, they sent some samples, see pic. but could not find an identical seal.

This seal is glued to the a post.

Hope this helps.

post-4234-0-97590000-1515084040_thumb.jpg

post-4234-0-65065500-1515084061_thumb.jpg

Edited by pfenlon

The ones available from Moss were quite good but the larger of the two now isnt the right shape, There may be a better options from Seals direct http://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shopping.asp?intDepartmentId=68#86

SRS1916 for the larger or ATT1979 for the smaller.

Stuart.

Thanks for that Pete,

I was under the impression that this seal was used to redirect water to the outside of the A post.

Mark

It would sort of do that a bit but its more to complete the seal to the leading edge of the window which was never that clever on 4/4a, Stuart.

You might also try this company for hard to find seals.

Phoenix supplied a good boot seal for my TR4a and door seals, bonnet rear edge seal for my Mk1 Mini where I could actually close the doors and bonnet, and a vulcanised rear screen seal that fitted perfectly.

They will send you free samples by first class post.

http://phoenixtrim.co.uk

Regards

Kevin

Edited by boxofbits
  • 2 weeks later...

John has now sent me a sample of the seal Baines found nearest to the original.

Just posting a pic for interest, I am going to use the Woolies R123, I think it will do the job allright.

post-4234-0-63454500-1515860466_thumb.jpg

Just to add to the discussion I bought a pair from Moss only to receive two different sizes in the same packet. I returned these and ordered a pair from Rimmers which have arrived and are OK for my car.