Clear Hooters Switches

Dear All,

I hope you had a Happy Christmas, or at least one without too much stress.

Do we know anyone who can refurbish the Clear Hooters Switches for wipers and washers?

What alternatives to the Clear Hooters can anyone recommend to me. I need a wiper switch.

Thanks for your help.

Dave.

Thank you Steve. That's good to know.

Thanks Nick, that's an interesting avenue to follow. I shall be looking into that immediately.

If there are any of our members that can do this repair, I would be pleased to hear from them and I'm sure that there are many others of us who would be interested in such a service.

Cheers one and all.

Dave.

Dave, why do you need to refurbish your switch? Is it just cosmetic, or stiff in action... or are any of the terminals broken?

If just stiff, then it may be a simple repair as Steve says. Pictures show the wiper switch from my TR6, which I believe is the same as your part:

First remove the bezel... this should just push off

Use a thin screwdriver or blade to carefully ease the molded rocker pivot pins out of the switch body.

Check the action of the indent in the rocker and also that the pivoting electrical contacts look ok and pivot freely.

My contacts were ok, but the indent was stiff. I applied a little Vaseline to the indent and rocker pins and then reassembled. Switch is now fine, with definite three position action. If there is some resistance to the switch then try rotating the indent pin 45 degrees and check that the contact strip is central in the body

I did not have any problems with electrical contacts or terminals, but I am sue that a resolution could have been found if necessary

Note my picture of the Wiper Switch shows an incorrect reassembly; I believe that the top terminal should be 1, with 4 at the bottom

post-14126-0-10119200-1514461236_thumb.jpg

post-14126-0-65844700-1514461247_thumb.jpg

post-14126-0-87810300-1514461256_thumb.jpg

post-14126-0-08395600-1514461270_thumb.jpg

Edited by RobinTR