Broken throttle pedal.. (anyone got a spare?)

Things always come in threes.. blown head gasket, discovered incorrect main jets in the Holley carb on the supercharger setup (hopefully explains why it runs a tad lean..) and then.... noticed a weld on the throttle pedal has gone.. It is the one that holds the arm connected to the throttle cable to the pedal shaft...

Is this a known failure point? I could have a go at welding it, but not sure of its proper position with respect to the shaft. Does anyone have a picture? I also notice that the arm itself has split at some point and been welded up in the past.. Does this mean that the whole assembly is overstressed?

I also don't suppose anyone has a spare?

cheers

Tim

PS very happy this happened after doing the Essex rally!

Brilliant.. thanks Mark

Ok will see if he has one?

Yes thought the same.. it is only three bent bits of steel.

Cheers

tim

£139 for a pedal!!!! Yeee gods!! Think Id be having a go at welding it......nothing to lose.

Indeed!

These are new remanufactured ones I think? I was referring to a used original one I saw for sale recently.

Atb

Hi Tim,

As another option to consider I had my throttle pedal straightened, repaired and strengthened by Revington TR who did a great job. It came back looking great and nicely painted ready to fit back on the car.

Best Regards, Peter

Going to have a go welding it up. Fingers crossed. Out of interest though, how much did they charge?

Cheers

Tim

Thanks everyone who offered replacement parts.. spent 20 mins in the garage tonight and ran a weld around the offending peice.. all looks great...Just need to refit it now!

Cheers

Tim

Thanks everyone who offered replacement parts.. spent 20 mins in the garage tonight and ran a weld around the offending peice.. all looks great...Just need to refit it now!

Cheers

Tim

Well done - saved me getting grubby in the garage.

TR's are all about mending and making good - now go out and drive it 'till something else needs fettling.

Cheers

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Will do...

cheers

Tim