Original Style Aeroscreen Mounting Brackets - Stock update 2022

Update - JANUARY 2024

I have now got a the new batch of aeroscreen mounting brackets in stock.

Price  UK £ 130.00 for a car set plus postage

They are anodise finished which gives a milky chrome effect that does not need continual polishing - just cleaning off when the car is washed.

Kit of mounting brackets to fit one pair of repro aeroscreens to a car is £130.00 plus postage.

I do have for the concourse types a few sets of bright polished ones - they are £20.00 a set more expensive as the polisher 'don't do it for nought' They will need to be polished like the aeroscreen frames to keep them bright and shiny.

Unashamed advertising here - apologies to those it might offend. - These are not being hawked about the internet on ebay etc.

post-7247-0-81492700-1512418255_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
Pricing change January 2024
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2017 at 8:11 PM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

I have now got a the new batch of aeroscreen mounting brackets in stock.

They are anodise finished which gives a milky chrome effect that does not need continual polishing - just cleaning off when the car is washed.

Kit of mounting brackets to fit one pair of repro aeroscreens to a car is £115.00 plus postage.

I do have for the concourse types a few sets of bright polished ones - they are £20.00 a set more expensive as the polisher 'don't do it for nought' They will need to be polished like the aeroscreen frames to keep them bright and shiny.

Unashamed advertising here - apologies to those it might offend. - These are not being hawked about the internet on ebay etc.

attachicon.gifPair for Ad.jpg

unashamed bounce to the top - selling well, thanks to all who have contacted me - I still have the aeroscreens if anyone is interested.

Peter W

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
  • 2 years later...

Shame

On 12/4/2017 at 8:11 PM, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Kit of mounting brackets to fit one pair of repro aeroscreens to a car is £115.00 plus postage. (2017)

post-7247-0-81492700-1512418255_thumb.jpg

Update:- 2020

I have just re-ordered another batch of aeroscreen mounting brackets. 

The delays in the supply chain are metal bar delivery and metal finishers.  The machine shop have said they will get on the job as soon as the aluminium bar arrives, but they have no idea when the material will arrive.

I am currently down to 3 car sets having had a spike in orders since Covid hit.  In UK I hope to have the new batch available before the isolation restrictions are lifted and we can legitimately use our cars again.

The German TR Register Group TR Interessengemeinschaft Südwest e.V  << https://triumph-ig.de/index.php?iniload=start.php >>  ran a magazine article on the bracket's availability -  Thank you Triumph IG Sudwest  for that.   That has caught me on the hop though and run the stock down outside of the average sales rate.  (Supply and Demand - who can fathom that, the supermarkets did not see it coming.)

I am currently unable to suggest what the new batch price will be but am hoping to hold the GB £ 115.00 per car set plus postage.

Cheers

Peter W

image.thumb.png.5cd145bf7d50d44a78fc6ce97ce910f6.png

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT

Hi Peter,

Is anyone supplying the correct shape Aero screen glass to fit to the Brooklands frame?

It ain't the most attractive shape but it is what was used in the early screens.

Rod

9 hours ago, Rodbr said:

Hi Peter,

Is anyone supplying the correct shape Aero screen glass to fit to the Brooklands frame?

It ain't the most attractive shape but it is what was used in the early screens.

Rod

9 hours ago, Rodbr said:

Hi Peter,

Rod

I have a pattern, which I supply as a PDF.   PM me your email and I will send it.  

Cheers

Peter W

• 7 months later...

Yes I have stock.

PM me for more details.

Following attachment gives details of fitting and prices.

Please ignore postal charges.  Selling price for current batch has not changed

Also attached are the fitting instructions 

Cheers

Peter W

*Jan 2024 Presale Aeroscreen Info copy.pdf *PLAIN Original Type aeroscreen fitting instructions.pdf

Edited by BlueTR3A-5EKT
Updated resale and fitting instructions 2024
  • 11 months later...

UPDATE.

February 2022.

Now out of stock of all but one set of fully polished.  These will go quickly I am sure.

My apologies to those who have contacted me in the last week for the anodised items.

Awaiting quotes for machining etc and will weigh up whether a new batch is viable.

Am expecting a 50% price hike from the machine shop and platers.

Will update when I know what is happening.   

Cheers

Peter W

• BlueTR3A-5EKT changed the title to Original Style Aeroscreen Mounting Brackets - Stock update 2022

I bought them a while ago, but only fitted them yesterday. I put plastic bungs in the holes left from the Brooklands aeros screw mountings, and some were covered by these new original-looking ones. A perfect fit! Worth the cost. They just look so good. Actually, it was my maiden voyage with aeros. EXHILARATING! I took the precaution of checking the weather. Some Forumites gave advice on how to do it correctly. And off we went to The Old Head of Kinsale. Even more spectacular than just having the top off. And yes, it drizzled on the way home, but not enough to get into the cockpit, which really is the appropriate word, once a sidescreen is fitted with aeros.

IMG-20220219-WA0027.jpg.5963d7aff0cd9cbd94ba97fae3f0905f.jpg

20220219_214137.thumb.jpg.7177c5b72763c79e508754b3c03a7434.jpg

Great to see you are out and about David.

Been a long time since I was in Kinsale, that was in 1967.   From memory we stayed at an hotel called The Trident and went boat fishing for a day.

4 hours ago, BlueTR3A-5EKT said:

Great to see you are out and about David.

Been a long time since I was in Kinsale, that was in 1967.   From memory we stayed at an hotel called The Trident and went boat fishing for a day.

Yes, Peter.

Kinsale is generally too posh for me. But driving around is quite different. And with aeros? It was FANTASTIC!!! Really exhilarating.

I've just edited the set of photographs I took and put them in the KST spot. It's rather fun to weave a (true) story around the photographs. No fibs. You remember more when you put the two together, and memory highways and byways also mix, I find.

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Do you still have these brackets available?  I am preparing/ restoring a 1958 TR3A racecar that has net seen the track since 1979.  It currently has the original factory Aeroscreen utilizing the factory installed holes for the drivers (LHD) side.  I want to add an original looking set to the Passenger/ Co-driver side.  

On 9/12/2023 at 12:18 AM, K.Hollar said:

Do you still have these brackets available?  I am preparing/ restoring a 1958 TR3A racecar that has net seen the track since 1979.  It currently has the original factory Aeroscreen utilizing the factory installed holes for the drivers (LHD) side.  I want to add an original looking set to the Passenger/ Co-driver side.  

Yes I can still supply theses items.  

The original mount system is cast brass that is chrome plated.  My brackets are made from machined aluminium that is either polished or anodised. They are designed to fit aftermarket aeroscreens.  I do not have an original Aeroscreen to try my brackets on so cannot confirm if they are suitable.   
My brackets are visually different to originals as they are designed to remain on the car when the screen is refitted and will not touch the trim roll on the dash top   
PM me for more details if required.