Greeting from the Weihnachtsmarkt

Very sad what happened at Strasbourg these days.....

Anyway me and my wife have been out at the Weihnachtsmarkt of Bad Wimpfen ("Bath Wimpfen", not "bad")

Very nice but VERY crowded, lots of coaches with tourists

Cheers

Edited by Z320

Hi Waldi,

Very sad about Strasbourg, my wife was in Berlin at the Weihnachtsmarkt in 2016 when the lunatic went berserk with a lorry - very worrying.

I'm making a note of your various photo offerings to help with our selection process for next year.  Presumably you are posting in the TR4 area because you don't have access to Alec's Inn?

John Morrison - please note!

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian,

I wish it were my pics, and more important, my visits:)

Marco deserves all credit for these nice views in German culture.

Frohe Weihnachte und liebe Gruesse aus Holland.

Waldi

(and I do have access to Alecs Inn)

7 hours ago, Ian Vincent said:

Hi Waldi,

Very sad about Strasbourg, my wife was in Berlin at the Weihnachtsmarkt in 2016 when the lunatic went berserk with a lorry - very worrying.

I'm making a note of your various photo offerings to help with our selection process for next year.  Presumably you are posting in the TR4 area because you don't have access to Alec's Inn?

John Morrison - please note!

Rgds Ian

Noted !

Hi Ian,

I did never realise Elec's Inn until your post.

I like to write in an opened forum where everyone can read and gets help and must be registered to write.

A closed part and not visible part of a forum could have a reason for example the admins.

But somethink like "you are welcome - but you have to be registered eaven to read" is not my think.

I would not join and not write anything there. 

Ciao Marco

Edited by Z320

By the way,

I wrote a well with photos illustrated manual how to overhaul the Norton "dollshead" gearbox at a closed german forum.

You can not find this by Google, if you want you can read all about how to do this with this link

how to overhaul Norton "dollshead" gearboxes

Ciao Marco

Edited by Z320
  • 11 months later...

My memories of Regensburg are an emergency appointment with a dentist;)

But it’s a nice city, I’m told.

Waldi

Hi Waldi, you are welcome to join!

This year we went to the Ravenna-Schlucht and spent the night at the Titisee,

you see some snow already on the Feldberg behind the next morning...

IMG_6052-b.JPG.a5246af7a73926bbcf1322805eed7b47.JPG

We continued to travel to Freibrug to see their saturday framer market and their Christmas market,

lots of peaople all obver the wourls their, lots of italian and swiss people (the want to go bargain shopping).

IMG_6054-b.thumb.JPG.cde4006c889e4358f790b409fae40705.JPG

At about 15:00 we started our 200 km way back home on lovely black forest raods to visit Altensteig after 2 years again.

next is the old town where the Christmaas Market is.

P1140625-b.JPG.4a52c1270fee868cd5a9880ce8b3a503.JPG 

P1140629-b.thumb.JPG.fcba0059c9dea01cc51314c71d0a92be.JPG

P1140640-b.thumb.JPG.9cc4f5c65c5bb94b1304a8c17d1fa8b3.JPG

Altensteig is also very famous for the beauty of there virgins in their traditional kilts!

P1140630-b.thumb.JPG.4064869b9ee7603bcbcdeb4035ef2b23.JPG

Oh, I love them....

Ciao, Marco

• 2 weeks later...

We have been out for Christmas shopping on Monday at Esslingen, town next to the village we live.

P1140801-b.thumb.JPG.2218c78e4475db31ced6074a3121163f.JPG P1140803-b.thumb.JPG.a9d5838fdf2748395c44352d51db4de6.JPG P1140805-b.thumb.JPG.a9721cca4217069ff9124c00eadb4fd7.JPG

Ths is alway a very nive combination of "normal" shopping, Christmas market and middleage Christmas market.

There are folks out their - you don't believe it!

Hi their,

out on christmas holiday and today and tomorrow on our last christmas market 2019 at Funchal!

You can't believe it, no Bratwurst and no Glühwein, but "Poncha" and  lots of stuff I never tasted.

IMG_6121.JPG.c9552b115338d987a9c3de2a16a165e5.JPG   

Ciao, have a merry christmas

Marco

• 1 year later...

after 2020 also 2021 nearly all christmas markets have been cancelled, we visited not one of them.

The only ones have been at the first advent weekend and I found this video at Youtube about the "Ravenna Schucht" near Freiburg.

Enjoy it.

Today me and my wife get our "booster" and we hope thinks get "normal" next year.

Have a lovely Christmas time 2021 anyway, Marco

Edited by Z320