Some advice please from you knowledgable lot.

I'm looking to buy a crimping tool, specifically to crimp uninsulated lucar connectors.

Now I realise they can do more or indeed much mo e than just this, but thats all I want,

anyone point me in the right direction, and where I won't need a mortgage to buy said crimper?

Cheers,

John.

John,

Did you mean the bullet type connectors? If so I think you will find each style of bullet, and there are a few, has a different starting crimping diameter, it is made for a certain wire size and will crimp down to a specific dimension that will still fit the sleeve connector. You may have problems with a generic crimper, it is best to get a crimper designed for the bullets you are using.

Roger may be able to advise which bullets fit that tool.

If it is the spade type connector then they are much more forgiving as to the relative sizes of the connector and the wire and the finished diameter and personally I like the ratchet ones that don't release until fully crimped, otherwise I tend to overdo it - like so much in my life.

Alan

Thanks Guys, Graeme's tool is what I need, as I use the uninsulated lucar connector,

tinned, crimped and then soldered.

Dave, re th e tool you are looking for, I use one of then cheapo 'Plumbers' type sliding wrench with

two 'V' s ground into the end of the jaws, with an angle grinder, works a treat for nowt.

Pm me your email address for a detailed photo.

Thanks again,

John.

Edited by john

I bought a set of these years ago and would never be without them for TR and other Lucas wired cars

https://www.autosparks.co.uk/electrical-components/wiring-tools/high-quality-rachet-action-bullet-crimp-tool-giving-a-professional-hexagonal-crimp-finish.html

Peter W