Haynes Workshop Manual

Just awarded myself, and my inheritors, an early Christmas present of Haynes Owners Workshop Manual for TR2/3/3A/4/4A, which I bought through Amazon UK.

On thumbing through it I am disappointed by the poor quality of the print and the photos look like they are mediocre photocopies. I can't yet comment on the quality of the instructions/suggestions in the manual itself itself.

The inside jacket informs me that I have acquired an edition that was Copyrighted in 1986

Can anybody confirm that 1986 is the 'latest' edition and that the poor quality of the book is normal for Haynes

James

James

please check the tappet adjusting section. Certainly the issue I had ( yes it was that good I binned it!) had a gross error for the inexperienced. The rule of 9 had been modified to the rule of 15 for one pair of valves!

ST manuals are often available on ebay and occasionally for very sensible money.

Iain

This appears to be the latest edition of the Haynes book - published 2013. The reprints do not seem to be as well produced as they used to be.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/triumph-tr2-tr3-tr3a-tr4-tr4a-52-67-haynes-repair-manual

Iain

Yes my manual does have this error- I would say a misprint concerning N°2 valve

RobH

I am told that the publication date does not necessarily refer to the edition date, by one that knows more about these things than me.

I should add that I also own a now very grubby, much used 3rd edition of the ST WSM which Mr Wigglesworth sold me brand new in the seventies for £1!

James

Edited by james christie

No James - as you say the revision and printing dates are not related but if yours is also dated 2013 for publication, you obviously have the latest available as the link is straight to the Haynes site.

This appears to be the latest edition of the Haynes book - published 2013. The reprints do not seem to be as well produced as they used to be.

https://haynes.com/en-gb/triumph-tr2-tr3-tr3a-tr4-tr4a-52-67-haynes-repair-manual

Rob

Does that one you have have a hard cover or soft? Mine is the older hard type which does not look anything like yours and the photos aren't that bad. I use it in conjunction with the workshop manual because it has nut torques for each section.

Dave

Sorry Dave, I dont actually have that book - its just a link to the Haynes site. My observation on the quality of the illustrations was based on hard-back manuals I have bought over the years for modern cars, not TRs.