I want headrests for my TR6 seats which, whilst restored and good, are 1971 so have no head support.

I have a set of refurbished frames for TR6 with adjustable headrests, and all the new foams, springs etc, but when I try these seats in other TR6 the headrests do not really provide the protection I seek. Indeed they look to me they might make life worse in a rear end shunt by providing a pivot point for the neck to arch back (particularly with a crash helmet on).

Mx5 seats with adjustable headrests look the way to go but any advice before I do would be welcome. Would be happy to swap (+/- cash adjustment) if anyone has some and wants original TR versions.

Edited by Chris96

I want headrests for my TR6 seats which, whilst restored and good, are 1971 so have no head support.

I have a set of refurbished frames for TR6 with adjustable headrests, and all the new foams, springs etc, but when I try these seats in other TR6 the headrests do not really provide the protection I seek. Indeed they look to me they might make life worse in a rear end shunt by providing a pivot point for the neck to arch back (particularly with a crash helmet on).

Mx5 seats with adjustable headrests look the way to go but any advice before I do would be welcome. Would be happy to swap (+/- cash adjustment) if anyone has some and wants original TR versions.

Just sold a pair of MK1 MX5 seats sadly.

But I have a pair in my TR6 and in my TR4 before this car, they are comfortable fully adjustable, and without doubt outperform the old TR seat in every way.

If your wanting to spend, Paul Bishop will recover your MX5 seats in Leather for £500 the pair.

When /if you buy a pair, make sure you get the seat runners along with the seats, they will cost you another £40/50 if you don't.

They are also easy to convert to fit the TR base, instructions are on the TRCD, and if you know a small metal fab firm near you with a folding machine, you can get the 4 brackets made for about £35 (thats what I paid)

Or get them ready made from Carl at "TR Trader".

P Bishop contact info

Tel 07516 652533

pbuapp@gmail.com

Also Paul has very good shipping costs.

Edited by pfenlon

Best place for seats is here www.mx5nutz.com or www.mx5oc.co.uk wher they come up quite often and cheap, if MK1 seats fit then the MK2's should also fit. Some are already leather.

Just sold a pair of lovely black leather with red inserts for £200 wish I'd have kept them now I know they fit a TR :angry:

Hi

Can anyone let me know the height from floor to top of the back rest and also to the top of the headrest with head rest pushed down

For the seperate headrest type

Thanks

Tony

All the pictures of the PB seats look very good! But I notice that they are all the MK1 type? Is their a preferance for the MK1s and not any of the other types i.e. MK2 or 3 types ? If so what is the reason?

Thanks,

Bruce.

I thought mine were mkII seats, mkIs having the headrest incorporated into the seat-back with built in speakers.

I chose the style with separate headrests because 1) I prefer the style 2) they take up a little less room in the cabin when the roof is up and 3) you can remove the headrest if you want to (I sometimes like the clean, no headrest look, othertimes the comfort of a headrest for longer journeys)

Seemed like a reasonable approach for my use :)

Edited by AndyR100

Hi

Can anyone let me know the height from floor to top of the back rest and also to the top of the headrest with head rest pushed down

For the seperate headrest type

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony

With the back rest straight up (not reclined) the measurements are 26" approx, And with the headrest fully in the down position 34" approx,

Hope this help's,

Cheers

Dave.

All the pictures of the PB seats look very good! But I notice that they are all the MK1 type? Is their a preferance for the MK1s and not any of the other types i.e. MK2 or 3 types ? If so what is the reason?

Thanks,

Bruce.

Hi Bruce the Photos are showing the MK2 type Seat with removable Headrests the MK1s are like Tombstones with the Headrest incorporated into the Seat,the ones with the Speakers installed are from the Matia which is a Jap import version of the MX5.

With the MK1s you can use a Tonneau Cover that has the Headrest Pockets but need to adjust the Seat Backrest when using it,with the Type2 Seats you can use either type Tonneau Cover with or without Headrest Pockets if No Pockets just remove Headrests or tilt Seat Backrest fully forward,with the Pockets just adjust the Backrest to suit.