Alloy 4pot rocker cover

Hi all, my engine re-build is finally finished apart from a rocker cover, I need an alloy version due to having roller rockers fitted, Ive got a Racetorations billet version on order but these could take another year to be manufactured. My question is whats the next best option, have heard a lot of the cheaper offerings leak.

Hi I bought one of these at the cheaper end of the spectrum.

Im very happy with it.

I took advice from the forum and stuck the cork gasket to the rocker cover first with a silicone gasket goo rvt stuff. Once properly positioned and set I have fitted it to the car. No problems this season of sprints and hillclimbs driving too and from events.

https://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-RF4115VENTEDBLACK

Hi Tr4Deano ~

I fitted my TR3A with a Moss alloy rocker cover but it leaked from 'blow' holes in the casting between the ribs.

They exchanged it without question and it's been fine ever since.

If you go for the Moss cover then check it carefully for casting 'blow' holes.

Tom.

Pity these Racetorations items are not available. I have one fitted & it is excellent.

Cheers.

Nice if it fits!

That looks to me like it is intended for the 4-cylinder 1800cc Standard engine, produced originally for the MkIV Jaguar as an enlarged version of the preceding 1600cc '1½ litre' saloon, 1938 onwards . . . . and post-war as first the small Jaguar power unit, and subsequently the motive power for the Triumph Roadster 1800 and Town and Country 1800 saloon.

Cheers

Alec