Attaching Rally plates

What's the best way of attaching front rally plate to a 3A?

I tried electrician´s black tape on the apron but sooner or later it would fly off. In the end I used plastic ties and blocked part of the radiator grille. That was fine in November with temps around 20º, but fear that at the end of April it may cause overheating.

So, what is the best way without damaging the paintwork?

Edited by qim

I used plastic cable ties to fix the plate in the position shown in the photograph here so the airflow through the radiator was not impeded.

http://www.agenceaustral.fr/media/79642bb6-caea-47e1-b6e8-49787d9cacf9-circuit-des-remparts-angouleme-2016-photo-austral?hit_num=339&hits=460&page=7&per_page=50&prev=f92bbe99-9559-40d4-adbf-b79d2ff54c2c&search=triumph

Hi iain

So, you place two three on the apron and then tie the plate round them? is that it?

Thanks

Sorry! I got it:

But how do you take them off without scratching the paintwork?

post-14128-0-86451300-1511171512_thumb.png

Edited by qim

I used plastic cable ties to fix the plate in the position shown in the photograph here so the airflow through the radiator was not impeded.

http://www.agenceaustral.fr/media/79642bb6-caea-47e1-b6e8-49787d9cacf9-circuit-des-remparts-angouleme-2016-photo-austral?hit_num=339&hits=460&page=7&per_page=50&prev=f92bbe99-9559-40d4-adbf-b79d2ff54c2c&search=triumph

Hi Mike

Looks reasonable. Did you do the same to the rear?

Hi iain

So, you place two three on the apron and then tie the plate round them? is that it?

Thanks

Sorry! I got it:

But how do you take them off without scratching the paintwork?

Hi Camilo

they are suction cups....just gently lift an edge an off they come.

Iain

Edited by iain

Hi Camilo

they are suction cups....just gently lift an edge an off they come.

Iain

I'm going to order some, but I am not convinced that if I place them on the apron, above the shield (nearly flat) they will not come off as the wind will blow under them.

We'll see!

Edited by qim

I'm going to order some, but I am not convinced that if I place them on the apron, above the shield (nearly flat) they will not come off as the wind will blow under them.

We'll see!

HI Camilo

check out these photos...i didn't use the suction cups....I hadn't seen them before, but others, more experienced than me thought them perfect.

http://www.tonylarge.net/devon-classic-rally-2017-photos-cars-1-to-9

Iain

PS We are car 4 :D