How much would you pay for the reg plate '5 TR'

Hes gone very quite.

Thats the trouble, he was saying only the other day in the Inn for All Seasons near Cheltenham that many of the personalities and friends made over the years are disappearing. Many people have moved over for the new generation of TR Owners who do nor use their TRs in the way we do. Many of the TR Events, local and National, are no longer of interest to Roger or me, very sad situation for us.

We took advantage of the crisp weather and went out to the Cotswolds for lunch in the TR4A.

Edited by SuzanneH

Interestingly? if you input the reg. no. in here https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history it comes up with the car it's on. I think previously you had to input the car make as well.

Alan.

Seems to work for some but not all.

I remember seeing 505EXY on a Renault Fuego on the Embankment near Westminster Bridge back in the early 80's, the car wasn't, but the driver........ :D

Iain

Edited by iain

They could buy PEN15 :lol::lol:

As most of you know, Ben and I have always named our cars, usually based on making a word out of the (non personalised) number plate.

My daily driver's last 3 are XES, and however hard you try not to be dyslexic, the brain only sees SEX.

Ben has a company car, which is changed every 3 years, so when the new one arrived last year, I got home from work to find PN16 SEY parked on the drive. Well, the first word that came into my head was inappropriate, so I asked my sister and teenage niece to take a look and tell me the first word that came into their heads. Their answer was the same as mine, but they suggested toning it down by calling it 'Willy' instead. So we have a Willy and Sex on the drive and Geoffrey in the utility room.

Vicky (aged 12 :lol: )

Things are sure different over here. I got these on eBay a year or so ago for about fifty bucks. They may get put on my car someday, but more likely will be wall art in the shop.

i-GjzdGKF-X3.jpg

I have this one on the car now, registered in the state where I grew up and got the car in 1981. About twelve dollars on eBay about seven years ago.

i-jTvgX2t-X3.jpg

I remember seeing KN03 ROT on a BMW Mini Cooper a while back but it seems to have disappeared.

In the meantime, I changed my name to HG54RVH by deed poll. It was a cheaper way to get a personal number plate and I don't need to put any black screws on the plate to change any letters ;-)