Overdrive logic box --- a different approach.

Hi Ivor,

the OD warning light dimmer is connected to the sidelights/dash gauge lights.

The pot' is there to give an adjustment for individual taste.

One thing I have found is if it is connected to the sidelights then using daylight running lights makes the OD warning light a little too dim during the day.

If it is connected to the dash lights and the rheostat is still connected then the sidelights can be put on and the dash lights reduced to zero. This should restore the OD light to 'full'

It is surprising how dim a LED can be and still be quite visible at night.

Just look at the sky at night time. I'm sure all those white dots are LED's - you don;t have to believe Brian Cox.

Roger

Hi Ian,

fully agree. The original switch provided a very useful reminder where you are.

Also by quirk or design the tacho needle and speedo needle stay in sync in 4th. 2000 = 40mph. 3000=60mph etc

In OD 4th the tacho lags the speedo by quite a few degrees.

Having changed to a press button selector I found I needed a lamp to give me that extra warning. It also needs to be a dimmable lamp for night driving.

Finding anywhere on the TR4/4A dash to drill a hole for a LED is a nightmare. I ended up drilling a 1/4" hole in one if the switch covers immediately behind

the steering wheel.

Roger

Put my warning light in the ashtray Roger with another light next to it to tell me when the cooling fan comes on. The fan lamp probably not really needed but it neatly matches up with the O/D lamp.

Cheers.

I’m liking this thread and feel a spot of soldering coming on in the garage one damp sunday :-)

In what way have they moved on Neil, is there something better available?

+1 I would also be interested to know Neil, as my revington one has developed a fault with the potentiometer that dims the led for night driving.

A long time ago :lol: there was a young clever chap that worked at one of the big names in the Tr world,left after making this unit no bigger than a large relay,simple to fit and did it all.I would think if I asked him and there was enough demand he would make some again. His name was Will!!!!!!! and no not known on here.

Edited by ntc