Restored body back from the paintshop

Last week my shell finally arrived back from its restoration, and I have to say I am really very pleased with the way it has turned out. It has been painted in solid colour, the original Mallard Green (discovered under all the other paint!), and the finish is first class. Now I just have to make sure the rest of it is up to the same standard.

I have posted some pics up on my wordpress blog, it follows the shell through blasting, panel work, paint prep and then the final result. I hope you can take a look and any comments are always gratefully received. It is a long slow process, but I have to just keep going.

I would also like to thank the forum and its members for being a great source of help in finding things and general information. The engine will be going to Mark at Jigsaw Racing services next week for a full rebuild and modification / upgrade, without the forum I would not have been able to find him. Thank you!

Enjoy the pictures!

Guy

post-14749-0-18806000-1508493153_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments.

Front indicators are still work in progress, I am looking for something discrete to place just inside the headlamps in the grill. Not a priority at this stage, I am sure I will find something suitable.

We have an MGB in at work at the moment from Frontline Developments (it is effectively a new car with a worked on 2.0 Mazda engine in it on throttle bodies), this is their own demonstrator and I have to say the seats are amongst the most comfortable I have ever sat in. I have been struggling with seat choice, but the decision has now been made. Low round back fixed bucket, like an early E Type seat with a carpeted rear. Beautiful. I just hope it suits the TR6.

The chassis has finally been finished with some welding work, most of it has been painted so I will now finish this off by hand, then a final spray (all in Epoxymastic black), then it will be time to start building it up.

Guy