Sign in to follow this  
Ian Lucraft

549 YUG My new TR3A

50 years after owning a '57 TR3(a) for a few years, I have finally got another for my retirement (whenever that starts!)

The website is https://549yug.wordpress.com

Is this how I advise of the new website, just by posting this in this forum, or is there a way of adding it to a web listing. Couldn't see how else.

Greetings to everyone.

Chris Bowns in S Yorks has been lovely and most helpful

Best wishes

Ian

post-15167-0-05326500-1508403465_thumb.jpg

50 years after owning a '57 TR3(a) for a few years, I have finally got another for my retirement (whenever that starts!)

The website is https://549yug.wordpress.com

Is this how I advise of the new website, just by posting this in this forum, or is there a way of adding it to a web listing. Couldn't see how else.

Greetings to everyone.

Chris Bowns in S Yorks has been lovely and most helpful

Best wishes

Ian

Welcome Ian

You moniker says you are already a member of the TR Register, and you will have already received a vehicle notification form with your membership paperwork, complete it and send it to the office with your membership details. You might also save Mike Ellis, TR2/3/3A registrar a little time if you also notified him directly (his contact details are in the club magazine). If the paperwork is lost/missing, ring Jo at the office for a replacement vehicle form.

I have no idea about any TR Register "official" web listings, maybe Wayne Scott will be along presently if that facility is available?

Bsically there are two sets of vehicle records kept by the club, one kept on the TR Register membership database (maintained by Jo in Didcot), and the other maintained by the marque registrar - both of which are only as accurate and up to date as the information they receive...............

Good luck with the retirement.

Ian

Thanks

I sent the form in in August.

And I'm in the list of members from that date.

How do I find out if it is missing?

best wishes

PS, trying to find out how to change my username away from my email address.

Any advice, please?

ta

Ian

Hi Ian,

Tidy looking car.

I have read your blog and it looks like you will have some grand northern roads to go for a blatt.

Great that you are also involving a following generation in giving your son a shot.

Just a note of caution, which has been covered on here a number of times......you say the tyres are 1998 and have a lot of tread. They may well handle okish in the dry but on a damp road they will be very easy to spin when leaving junctions etc. Great fun at low speed if you want a bit of opposite lock action but not fun if they let go unexpectedly when pressing on! I have and this happen on two cars ( a merc sl and a mg midget) and changing to new tyres made an incredible difference to handling and safety.

Try inserting your finger nail in one of the old tyre treads and compare it with your new one to gets and idea of the hardening of the rubber that will have taken place over the years ,regardless of where they were stored.

Decent new tyres can be obtained for around £60 a corner and Xmas is coming!!!!

Hope you enjoy the car on the great Yorkshire roads.

John S

Hi Ian,

as far as I know you can't simply delete your user name.

As you have only done a few posts you could re-register with a new name and not use the old one.

Otherwise contact Wayne Scott (the Super Moderator/Pres officer/editor and general dogs body) he may be able to weave his magic.

Roger

Thanks to everyone for their responses.

I will ask the office about the username change.

And the advice about the tyres is good and I will take it. Thank you

Still agonising over who to go to purchase a set of wool carpets. Any comments welcome

Tyre costs for example, mail order and fit locally . . . . .

https://www.camskill.co.uk/m53b0s408p0/Car_Tyres_-_MPV_Tyres_-_People_Carrier_Tyres_-_15_inch_R15_inch_-_165_80_15_165_80R15_R15_inch_-_165_15_165R15

https://www.mytyres.co.uk/cgi-bin/rshop.pl?dsco=110&sowigan=So&Breite=165&Quer=80&Felge=14&kategorie=6&ranzahl=4&search_tool=standard&rsmFahrzeugart=ALL&suchen=Show+tyres

Shop carefully, too many tyre suppliers regard classic car owners as cash cows with more money than sense . . . . .

Of course they could just be correct in their way of thinking . . . ..

Cheers

Alec