Weber/Jenvey Throttle Bodies

Anyone fitted this system to their 6?

I wondered what you used as fuel pumps and swirl pots and any info or experience you had with it

I fiitted a Jenvey system to my 260Z and although running sweet now we did have a few moments

IZGZkST.jpg

rC3F5i1.jpg

Is it correct to say -1 ??? :-)

These carbs have neither venturis nor other things before the plates.

So they are EFI bodies and from that can not be feed with the facet.

I would give them the smallest BOSCH pump and use the PI filter as a swirl pot.

post-13092-0-99430700-1508162255_thumb.jpg

post-13092-0-56543200-1508162276_thumb.jpg

post-13092-0-66052300-1508162324_thumb.jpg

I see there are no chokes as we would see on a Weber and we are looking at the butterflies. So these are Weber-like bodies but with injectors buried in there somewhere ?

Stan

Correct but why mimick the real deal?

I see there are no chokes as we would see on a Weber and we are looking at the butterflies. So these are Weber-like bodies but with injectors buried in there somewhere ?

Stan

Yep as in TriumphV8s pictures above, neat looking though expensive idea. http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products2/heritage

Stuart.

Yep as in TriumphV8s pictures above, neat looking though expensive idea. http://www.jenvey.co.uk/products2/heritage

Stuart.

Sort of like Burlen's recently-announced conversion to fuel injection inside what looks like the dome of an SU carburettor, I guess?

Sort of like Burlen's recently-announced conversion to fuel injection inside what looks like the dome of an SU carburettor, I guess?

Yes and one of your countrymen has done a similar thing with Strombergs.

Start.

Thanks

I should have said that I have a US non PI car, not sure how the tank might be different???

Yes, they're throttle bodies made to mimick Webers.

The main thing we are missing is the fuel return back to the tank. That needs to be added when converting a US spec car to the Lucas PI system anyway.

Stan

The main thing we are missing is the fuel return back to the tank. That needs to be added when converting a US spec car to the Lucas PI system anyway.

Stan

Not really Stan,

I'm using an original fuel tank for US- market for EFI, and it works perfectly:

standard small output on the bottom of tank

via carburetor-type pre-filter

into pre-pump (Hüco), that was previously used, when the car was Webered

pre-pump into swirl-pot

big output on swirl-pot into Bosch HP pump (the smallest one I could find with more than 100l/min) and more than 4 bar)

into HP filter

to the fuel-rail

back via second fuel pipe to the swirl-pot

swirl-pot overflow to the "breathing stub" on top of the fuel tank, which exits the big pipe where you fill the fuel into the tank.

this "breather stub" was before just fitted with a piece of fuel hose that was hanging out of one of the holes in the deck floor. It appeared useless to me as the fuel cap is vented

Patrick

Not really Stan,

I'm using an original fuel tank for US- market for EFI, and it works perfectly:

standard small output on the bottom of tank

via carburetor-type pre-filter

into pre-pump (Hüco), that was previously used, when the car was Webered

pre-pump into swirl-pot

big output on swirl-pot into Bosch HP pump (the smallest one I could find with more than 100l/min) and more than 4 bar)

into HP filter

to the fuel-rail

back via second fuel pipe to the swirl-pot

swirl-pot overflow to the "breathing stub" on top of the fuel tank, which exits the big pipe where you fill the fuel into the tank.

this "breather stub" was before just fitted with a piece of fuel hose that was hanging out of one of the holes in the deck floor. It appeared useless to me as the fuel cap is vented

Patrick

On a US market car the stub on the filler cap went to an expansion tank in the right hand rear inner wing and from there via a pipe all the way to the front of the car where it joined into the charcoal canister part of the emissions system.

Stuart.