McMuttleys Pride and joy for sale again

Bought mine from them.

Brian Chant owner of the auction house is a good bloke. He used to race with my dad.

Good looking car one careful owner .......

Go on McM, by it back. You know you should !!

H

Where did the hardtop go?

OK so it's waiting for me to fit it on Geoffrey ????. First I need to fit the new windscreen stanchions replacing the existing ones which are bent backwards. Then I need to shorten the roll bar. Then I need a new hood to fit the new stanchions......and so it goes on ???? and on....

OK so it's waiting for me to fit it on Geoffrey . First I need to fit the new windscreen stanchions replacing the existing ones which are bent backwards. Then I need to shorten the roll bar. Then I need a new hood to fit the new stanchions......and so it goes on and on....

Ben, that's life with a TR - as we all know...!

Miles

• 1 month later...

Ben problem solved BUY it the hard top will fit straight away

Roy

LOL no room for another one and Geoffrey is looking forward to wearing his "tin hat" for RBRR18

Edited by Ben Freer

I believe they include the buyers premium (but not the vat on that premium)

That means a hammer price about 22/23k

Hammer price just over £22K, and net proceeds to the seller around the £20.5K mark by my calculation . . . . . Which would seem to make his relatively brief ownership of Old Smokey an expensive indulgence ?

At least it sold, and it seems like more than a few cars failed to find a buyer and are now offered on private treaty. Hardly a successful result if just 11 cars sold and 15 lots are back on sale . . . .

Why folks choose to sell at auction I still do not understand, but then for that matter why would anyone buy at a traditional auction, given the risk involved . . . . and the nil likelihood of recompense if whatever goes tits-up or proves to have been overstated ?

Cheers,

Alec

Edited by Alec Pringle

I dont think it sold first time through the block either.

Someone has a good car for the money regardless of fees I believe in this case.

Edited by Hamish