morning gents i bought old tr4 yellow peril of mike hazelwood maybe 4 years ago, with the intention of restoring to original, and over the last few year have aquired most of the panels to do this, however i have this yearning to return it to the track or hillclimbing something competitive in some form or another, so i think project reasemble will be tacking place shortly, so question is is there a guide what needs to be done to car and what engine mods are ok how to register with someone and best avenue to have a go.

Hhhmmmm difficult to advise on the spread of options given there.

You could prepare the car and spend large amounts for track day use, and then find it's almost unusable in actual competition because all the different championships restrict and demand it's built to their specs. So... do you want to compete ? Or just drive around with others on a track day ?

Both are good... but different, you do need to be more disciplined for a race championship. The car will need building carefully for you to be able to compete adequately. Forget any thoughts of driver skill overcoming technical shortcomings... unless you are a driving god - it doesn't.

Mick Richards

birmingham7,

Suggest you look at the MSA Yearbook, Section K Safety.

https://www.msauk.org/News-Publications/Publications/MSA-Yearbooks

That includes all the details, which principally is roll hoop/ cage (Roll Over Protection System ROPS), the seat(s) and harness(es), extinguisher,

windscreen glass, tow points, etc. And your own PPE. Its a big investment these days!

But, there are disciplines that need none of that, like Autosolo.

John

• 3 months later...

Well I did have a cool race pic with me, Dave Bailey, Mike H, Peter Kennerly from the late 90's (best times racing for me, lost of cars so close and we really got close :) ), but how the hell you post any image in forum is totally beyond me or youtube links (race start with the car in).

Bring it out in the Swing Sixties (mine now back out after 10 year resting). What does it need, what did Mike actually sell you, rolling chassis or the whole thing?

It was dark green for most of the time it raced (change to yellow late on). I have the the door from it on mine (Mike must have kept it at some point before painting yellow).

Edited by jellison

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipMSQRCiiCujpOdQspgJn9avmkIX-0NordksqGs9

AND

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipPUOPTED2dSLMa-k_aTP1pmroHpWpfHvfsjbBTY

had so much variety in the series back then (Thoroughbreds - Now Dead V8 MG's pretty much killed it). My 6 when in cooking Roadsport spec (4 yrs before it went full race).

Edited by jellison

Sprinting and​ hillclimbing can be tackled in anything from a standard road car to a fully prepared race monster and with our championship, The Revington TR / TR Register Sprint and Hillclimb Championship, divided into classes, you can enjoy the competitive side of motorsport without spending fortunes in either cash or time.

Details are here http://www.tr-register.co.uk/motorsport-downloads

Come and play. Forty of us registered last year and we hoping for even more this year.

Kev