morning gents i bought old tr4 yellow peril of mike hazelwood maybe 4 years ago, with the intention of restoring to original, and over the last few year have aquired most of the panels to do this, however i have this yearning to return it to the track or hillclimbing something competitive in some form or another, so i think project reasemble will be tacking place shortly, so question is is there a guide what needs to be done to car and what engine mods are ok how to register with someone and best avenue to have a go..

post-3657-0-67805600-1507628061_thumb.jpg

Hi ??

You need to think if you want to do club sprint/ hillclimb championship events

Or

Circuit racing.

Pros and cons to both.

Others will need to advise on circuit racing rules and regs. What I do know is that you'll need to go to race school to get your licence.

Racing safety requirements are stricter

You obviously race with others - this can mean an accident may not be your fault. But you still have to suck up the costs.

Entry fees are a little more but you get lots more track time and you can learn circuits better.

Check out the stickers on the car may be that tscc is still applicable to the car ?

This year was my first in the Revington TR /TR Register Spring and Hillclimb Championship

All the details are here

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/motorsport-downloads

Just be aware that the club regs may change this autumn - they are under discussion.

This champs will suit any Triumph from standard road to full in race car and anything in between.

It covers a lot of sprint tracks and hills most of the really famous places and pretty much all over the country.

Everyone is most welcoming and it's you against the clock so others won't take you out !!

That's not to say that things can't go wrong ! It is motorsport after all.

I bought my car last year on the basis that it was suitable for the club champs without ruining a concours car. It fitting roll bar and adding the small MSA required safety mods.

They are not the best videos (cheapo camera)

But there are some of my runs at nice venues in the club champs here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrXjQt8CiQNaGDrjhmPLqMA

Pm me if you like to discuss club events

But the above link tells you virtually all you need to know.

Hamish

Birmingham7,

Consult the MSA (Motor Sports Ass) Yearbook for the discipline you want to do, and then Section K, Safety, for the items required. See: https://www.msauk.org/News-Publications/Publications/MSA-Yearbooks

Also the MSA site or how to get the an appropriate licence.

John

Birmingham7,

Consult the MSA (Motor Sports Ass) Yearbook for the discipline you want to do, and then Section K, Safety, for the items required. See: https://www.msauk.org/News-Publications/Publications/MSA-Yearbooks

Also the MSA site or how to get the an appropriate licence.

John

Just watch out for any dispensations you get for a "Period Defined Vehicle" section B

Especially in the sprint and hill climb section.

I opted on the side of caution with better seats, head rests, roll bar and 4 point harnesses. None of which I "must" have !!!! For a 1959 car.

It's things like power/weight and wheel sizes that can change your classes depending on club rules. Also tyres sizes and type could rule you out altogether ?! Again depending on club rules.

Typically in our champs if they are e marked road legal you are ok.

Don't forget as I think Kev says. You could just do track days. With out the hassles.

It's good value too. I need to do one next year may help with my set up. Especially if an ace racer can try it for me ????

H

Don't forget as I think Kev says. You could just do track days. With out the hassles.

H

Ops sorry, no I didn't mean to imply that. Track days are great fun and a splendid way to get to know your car, the track you are driving on and the limit of your skills / ambitions but are no substitute for testing yourself against the clock and the comradery of the Revington TR / TR Register Sprint and Hillclimb championship.

Yes, sprinting and hillclimbing is great fun. Do it.

take care, but do sign up and enter a few events Kev

morning gents i bought old tr4 yellow peril of mike hazelwood maybe 4 years ago, with the intention of restoring to original, and over the last few year have aquired most of the panels to do this, however i have this yearning to return it to the track or hillclimbing something competitive in some form or another, so i think project reasemble will be tacking place shortly, so question is is there a guide what needs to be done to car and what engine mods are ok how to register with someone and best avenue to have a go..

As you purchased from Mike he would be able to give you great advice and local.

You need to make you mind up which avenue to go down as can be very different cost wise.

Track days are great fun for less cost than track racing.

ROY