Triumph Competition - Dijon

We had a nice race weekend at Dijon.

At Saturday, excellent sunny day:

Sunday started with fog and the whole schedule was delayed by two hours.

The 1H endurance had dry and wet parts.

I've made a mistake with pit strategies. Instead of looking on the tracks watch for beginning the pitstop, I've used my car watch...so I came in 30 seconds too early = outside the pit window. I just went out again and came in a few laps later to make a proper pitstop. Still managed to be 3rd overall, behind the Jaguars.

The leading Jaguar lost his left front wheel on the last corner. The professional driver on it, drove the car slowly on 3 wheels over the finish line and still managed the overall win....this is true racing....never give up as long the wheels are turning.

Edited by MadMarx

Chris.

Great films thank you for sharing.

That track looks fun that but straight looks soooo long !!!

That's some car ???????? don't think the revs were ever below 4K topping out at just over 6k and 200+kmh.

That OD switch on the left steering wheel spoke works really well ergonomically.

Do you not use a logic switch ?

Would love to understand what set up you have ?

Not that it would help my 3a. It's a learning thing for me.

Car and driver in harmony seemed very smooth handling.

Well done car, driving, filming the lot ????

Hamish

Hamish,

I don't like any logic which interfers my driving. My OD works fully handcrafted. Switch up = on, switch down = off. A switch on the gearbox prevents engagement at reverse gear and limit the use on gear 3 and 4.

Cheers

Chris